"charging up" jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "charging up" jets

Has anyone ever tried this? It's pretty cool. You can't do it in a real game, but its fun anyways.

You go up to like 800 ft, dive down, level out really fast right above the carrier, and jump out. If you do it right, the jet will stop just before the end of the carrier, and it will do a "stoppie" type of thing (because it slows down almost instantly.

I have like 3 clips of what it looks like taking off. It's weird.. it looks like a real life carrier takeoff, just a little faster.. lol

Re: "charging up" jets

Say, what...post the vids cause I have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

I kind of know what are you are talking bout but post the videos just for coolness.

Comment

The jets are flown at high speeds, bailed, and landed onto the carrier. The engines sound like they stop, and the jet stops moving, but in BF2, it "remembers...

Comment

Thats awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
            Thats awesome.
            Yeah I had a couple take off like 5 times faster than them... but I didnt get them on video. And one of them, as I was taking off I got TK'd... I started with about 7 clips, and only used 3...:laugh:

Comment

damn, nice glitch (well, not really), surprised that u found it, was it on accident, or were u lookin' for it??

Comment

that is pretty cool, i wish all carrier take offs were like that (well unnecessary for JSF cause of hover...)

Comment

Originally posted by dragonicfist
                  damn, nice glitch (well, not really), surprised that u found it, was it on accident, or were u lookin' for it??
                  Well I don't think I "found it"

The thing that gave me the idea was the wake airshow mod/map. The J-10 is surrounded by a fence so you can't use it.. well you really can its just HOW you get it. You have to bail out o your jet and enter the J-10 and then put a supply crate behind it. you get in, warm up the engines, go full throttle into the fence (sending you down towards the ground), get out, wait for it to bounce back up, get in, afterburners, out, wait for it to bounce up, and then eventually it will bounce up enough so that when you get in, it just pops right out.

That gave me the idea. So then i'm like... well if the engine stops like that.. what if I go REALLY fast, and then just bail over the carrier when i'm about an inch off the ground? So I tried it, and sure enough, just what I thought.

(this would be funny to do with a jet and put it right against a wall on a popular server if you could pull it off.... lmfao)

Comment

dont even mention youtube to me, i hate it, before i could see videos and like 5 days ago it stopped working, it tells me i have javascript turned off or an older version. gave up and it wont work. dam you youtube :cussing:

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                      Well I don't think I "found it"

The thing that gave me the idea was the wake airshow mod/map. The J-10 is surrounded by a fence so you can't use it.. well you really can its just HOW you get it. You have to bail out o your jet and enter the J-10 and then put a supply crate behind it. you get in, warm up the engines, go full throttle into the fence (sending you down towards the ground), get out, wait for it to bounce back up, get in, afterburners, out, wait for it to bounce up, and then eventually it will bounce up enough so that when you get in, it just pops right out.

That gave me the idea. So then i'm like... well if the engine stops like that.. what if I go REALLY fast, and then just bail over the carrier when i'm about an inch off the ground? So I tried it, and sure enough, just what I thought.

(this would be funny to do with a jet and put it right against a wall on a popular server if you could pull it off.... lmfao)
                      you are a godly avaitor

Comment

ah yes I've noticed this 'feature' before - on the Sir. stunt server when we were lining up loads of planes... never thought of using it for anything though.

Comment

i can beat him

Comment

ROFL! That some funny **** man!

Comment

i did something really cool once on wake with a friend. a vertical takeoff with the j-10! give me a sec to upload the clip

Comment

Working...
                              X