X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DO NOT SAY A BAD WORD ..cheating is ok

Originally posted by Sloi
    LOL.

Rated MATURE but we can't swear... always found that extremely funny.

Err... It's not rated mature.
    http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...d2/us/home.jsp

Besides, swearing isn't mature, doesn't make you mature, or is related to maturity in any way.

That said, my only ban came about for multiple (simultanious) violations of the word filter.
    Friggen VOIP kept flaking out while I was trying to play with a buddy.

Comment

personally, i dont do much swearing since there are lil ones running around here sometimes, buuuttt... this game can bring the worst out of you sometimes, especially in competitions. that is why i do not compete any more (except as a ringer, its not my fault if we lose...), casual gaming is the way i prefer to play. also considering the wake air show map can bring some real a$$hats out, even though it is reeealllll fun.

Comment

Sorry but a game driven by the point of shooting people in the face seems like much more of a moral outrage than letting some F bombs drop in text format. Not to mention that

A) You can swear all you like in VOIP

and

B)The ESRB already has a disclaimer on all online games stating that "Game Experience may change during online play". This allows them to condone such language without having to ubmp the game from a T rating to an M.

Don't kid yourselves guys, that rating diffrence means tens of thousands of dollars in revenue. Same as the movies.

Amazing how removing blood and wounds can make the act of stabbing someone in the neck OK for a thirteen year old, but the act of saying "what the f*ck just killed me" is a punishable offence.

Server side options are Gods answer to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodFlood
          You must be heartbroken over this devastating loss, i offer my sympathies and a shoulder to cry on in these trying times.
          Thanks. Sometimes I just get so mad. I hope there weren't any nuns out there that were forced to read that.

Comment

TotalBF2 autofilters for badwords...why don't you complain to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              Err... It's not rated mature.
              http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...d2/us/home.jsp

Besides, swearing isn't mature, doesn't make you mature, or is related to maturity in any way.

That said, my only ban came about for multiple (simultanious) violations of the word filter.
              Friggen VOIP kept flaking out while I was trying to play with a buddy.
              Though below that rating there is also the line, "Game Experience May Change During Online Play."....

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126

TotalBF2 autofilters for badwords...why don't you complain to them.
                Because even with autofilters you know exactly what is meant. The penguins on some servers can be pretty harsh with the autokick/ban when you don't see it coming.

Bye guys I've gotta go **** my lawn.

Comment

thats why i have perfect servers that dont care about language.
                  All the 24/7*map name here* insomnia ranked servers are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by punisher18
                    thats why i have perfect servers that dont care about language.
                    All the 24/7*map name here* insomnia ranked servers are awesome.
                    The Sharqi server's always messed beyond belief. You look at the USMC side and all you see are relatively new players, while the Mec side is loaded with shiny medals and turkeys. I'm not going back there untill I can organize some of my friends into a crack squad. Then we'll show those haxors the true meaning of slaughter team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp_Dietrich
                      You're like some goddamn religious zealot.

Can you go a day without a thread where you attempt to bring 'God's holy light of clean game play' to the heathens?
                      Ouch! That is a bit extreme. Not all servers have the language filters on. I think that it all depends on teh server owners choice, they pay for the servers and they can set the filters how the please.

Comment

That's alright, I cuss over VOIP...I have yet to see a server ban me for that, even when I'm commander.

Comment

How about a server that kicks you for uttering the words cheat and hacker?

Comment

your like a broken record cheaters are everywhere the game is infested with cheaters.

ur such a little skank show me some screens or video or just shut up about these cheaters.

Comment

im ****ed about filtering bad words because i had to change my tag from w*nker to tosser due to pb and overzealous admins
                              edit now i'm ****ed at this board too

Comment

Working...
                              X