Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Ip Help

Hey Guys,

Ive setup my server and stuff, but when i launch it, it starts with the internal i.p for my network (192.168.0.xx)

but other people cant join this because it says "check you network connections"

i have a router, and when i go on www.ipchicken.com it says my ip starts with 87.xx.xxx.xx, so when i put this ip in the serrver config it comes up with and error and closes?

Anyone help

Re: Server Ip Help

Are you trying to run a LAN server or a Internet server?

Comment

internet

Comment

First it is unlikely that you will be able to with a regualr home connection, it's upload speed just isn't fast enough.

There are diffrent types of IP addresses. for simlep reasons I will jsut call them puplic IP and private IP.

Your public IP is obtained from your ISP and is given to your router.
        Your private IP is optained from your router, and given to each computer on your network, and will look like 192.168.0.xxx

Private IPs are only used within your specific LAN and are inaccessable to any computer that is not on your LAN.

You will need to use the IP obtined form www.whatismyip.com or the service you linked to.

What are you using to set up your server? I don't see anyehre it asks you to enter your IP for the server program?

Comment

right okay...i have a 8mb connection, and there will only be 10 players max (training server). i have tried my other ip 83.x7.69.2xx and it look like this when you launch it...

so i cant use that ip....so im really confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Gretsch Drummer
            right okay...i have a 8mb connection, and there will only be 10 players max (training server). i have tried my other ip 83.x7.69.2xx and it look like this when you launch it...

so i cant use that ip....so im really confused?
            8mb connection is your down speed, your up speed is what's important. I probably will not work. 10 players will be pushing it.

Try just leaving the server IP field blank.

Comment

okies...i will try, if i leave it blank it uses the 192.168.0.xx ip?

nope it doesnt work still the same connection error because its my privrate ip

Comment

I am having this problem. And just so you know I have a bussiness speed faster than t1 like it wouldnt matter anyways that is not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X