Modifing Wake Island map for balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifing Wake Island map for balance?

1. My suggestion: US starts with the North base AND the beach flag in addition to carrier and arty island.

If this implemented, both side can generate effective pressure at the beginning of the round from BOTH direction, and the fight will be rather dynamic. Additionally, airfield won't be as undefended as now in a public server.

Re: Modifing Wake Island map for balance?

1) F-35/J-10 imbalance.
    2) USMC gets another blackhawk.

Comment

I think the USMC should get south base and north villiage, and of course carrier and arty island. That would be perfect IMO.

Comment

The map is fine the way it is, the ticket inbalance is there to give the USMC a head start to capture a flag, like a time limit. If they don't get a flag with in that time limit they are now behind and will have to play catch up on kills. If they get it really fast they are now ahead, the map itself is fairly balanced. The problem is the vehicles, boats are useless to get to the island, a lone blackhawk is a huge target, swimming is impossible.

Comment

I think wake is fine on balance, its ery easy to get over to the island as long as you dont let noobs fly anything. Just fix the J10/F-35.

Comment

I fly the Black hawk to the Airfield every time i am USMC, its not hard at all, i dont understand why no one does it? You just go about 300 meters out, and fly the edge line pattern of the large island. Once you hit the beach start turning in, low, then pop up right to the Airfield flag. 9 out of 10 times this works for me, unless there is a smart J-10 pilot, and even sometimes with a J-10 i still make it. It can be done within the first 3 minutes of the round start. 3 men stay on the Airfield flag, 3 head to the Beach, within the first 5 minutes, both are yours, and the game you describe wanting to play happens. Granted, getting 3 to split is kinda tough unless you have a good squad, but you are guaranteed the Airfield, that way USMC can spawn real quick and infest the island. There is no need to change Wake. Players just need to smarten up.

Comment

why does everyone complain! dont fly the black 2 feet of the water or you will get shot down!!! just fly high and parachute out and take a flag, not that hard, besides making u.s. start with flags ruins the whole point of "invading" wake island. thats why it is such a popular map

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
                why does everyone complain! dont fly the black 2 feet of the water or you will get shot down!!! just fly high and parachute out and take a flag, not that hard, besides making u.s. start with flags ruins the whole point of "invading" wake island. thats why it is such a popular map

Yeah I agree with this, and I play Wake Island almost exclusivley. A better solution would be to give the U.S. two Blackhawks at the start, like in Oman and other carrier maps. It would force the PLA to play a smarter defense and reduce the effectiveness of devistating and annoying arty barrages on the carrier.

In the game as it is, two people get the Cobra, six get the Blackhawk, one in the JSF and everyone else is cannon fodder, unless you spawn on the arty island, then you are target practice for the tank on each side.

Comment

2 blackawks to start would be good.

Comment

i reckon that not having tanks on the island would even it up more.. just leave everything else the same but the tanks pretty much stop any boat landings...
                    where as, the Chinese side having some jeeps to use as a beach defence would allow more of an exchange of fire and promote boat landings. As it is, the tanks basically rape any boats heading to the island....

Comment

Working...
                    X