Best airplane(jet) pilot in BF2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best airplane(jet) pilot in BF2 ?

Sorry if this question have been asked before, but who you think /know is the best jet pilot in battlefield 2 ?.

Re: Best airplane(jet) pilot in BF2 ?

I thought "Coloy" was up there. There is also some chap called "Plane Whore", and then you have "Christoph Redfield".

Those are the only three names I know because I debate with them on a regular basis. They all claim to be very good at their craft, so, taking there word for it... those are your men.

{WP}Paas

Comment

I do not believe redfield is a really good dogfight player (ATG, MAYBE), however I think the best pilots are CAL league pilots.

Comment

Having most kills and high kill streaks dosnt count as a good piolet, being able to servive a dogfight is skill.

Comment

Id set Guitarrist up on that list. Hes an "intelligent" dogfighter. Plus, you have to respect a player who takes the F35B for the challenge.
          Colony and Planewhore I agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
            Id set Guitarrist up on that list. Hes an "intelligent" dogfighter. Plus, you have to respect a player who takes the F35B for the challenge.
            Couldnt find their stats , whats their ingame nick ?

Comment

I am not impressed with Guitarrist dogfight style. when we were in the same server, all I saw him doing is camping the CH airfield (which I would do to due to the grossly unbalanced J10, nothing wrong there) and kill the plane waiting noobs. I don't see anything amazing with his dogfight style. you have also taken into account the relative lack of skilled players on that server. I have single handly wiped out an entire squad twice with MP7 on that server before, as well as tank sniped the same pilot out of sky four times in a round. that server seems to attract some pretty medicore fliers.

I have had the honor of dogfighting with inf4my AND a CAL league pilot at the same time. the CAL pilot beat me everytime (but I downed inf4my everytime, also I was in Mig29 and were using keyboard/mouse. I consider myself one of the best keyboard/mouse pilot. I have to say that he was WAY above all those people you mentioned above,

Between real good pilots, dogfight can last a whole round. switching to bomb and stalk noobs really isn't intelligent dogfight, it's just owning noobs.

Comment

Very relative. For example I wasnt impressed with the guys in the dogfighting competition recently. The one which had a video and a topic in this forum aswell. Most of them coundlt stay on a targets tail for long enough to be impressive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                  I am not impressed with Guitarrist dogfight style. when we were in the same server, all I saw him doing is camping the CH airfield (which I would do to due to the grossly unbalanced J10, nothing wrong there) and kill the plane waiting noobs. I don't see anything amazing with his dogfight style. you have also taken into account the relative lack of skilled players on that server. I have single handly wiped out an entire squad twice with MP7 on that server before, as well as tank sniped the same pilot out of sky four times in a round. that server seems to attract some pretty medicore fliers.

I have had the honor of dogfighting with inf4my AND a CAL league pilot at the same time. the CAL pilot beat me everytime. I have to say that he was WAY above all those people you mentioned above,

Between real good pilots, dogfight can last a whole round. switching to bomb and stalk noobs really isn't intelligent dogfight, it's just owning noobs.
                  True.. I played on that server the other day. I think I seen u there now that I think back. Nothing special was going on there.

Colony is the only pilot that I can remember battling with that has earned my respect.

Comment

Very relative. For example I wasnt impressed with the guys in the dogfighting competition recently. The one which had a video and a topic in this forum aswell. Most of them coundlt stay on a targets tail for long enough to be impressive at all.
                    In a modern dogfight you don't need to stay on a target's tail for long. You need to find the best opportunity to give your missile greatest advantage.

Interstingly enough, the mere mention about my flying skill in BF2 incited scorns from the LOMAC veterans. I really do think that dogfight in BF2 is either glorified WWII dogfight with jet fighters pre 1.2 or a vastly simplified and comical version of modern aircombat, an equivalent of quake in air.

Comment

Planewhore and Guitarist are high on my list, guitarist takes down J-10s with his F-35 ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Riggz
                        True.. I played on that server the other day. I think I seen u there now that I think back. Nothing special was going on there.

Colony is the only pilot that I can remember battling with that has earned my respect.
                        I haven't fought we colony yet, or maybe I was dogfighting with him if this CAL pilot I mentioned is an alternate account of him.

I usually don't fly in the dedicated wake, I just want to get away from that tk and plane camp mess.

oh BTW, I haven't seen guitarist taken down any decent J10 fliers. Believe me, any pilot who had made it over 20 hours will not be killed by the sneak behind with cannon only manuver. In fact, any pilot who knows how to turn can dodge EVERY single missile from F35.

Comment

In a modern dogfight you don't need to stay on a target's tail for long. You need to find the best opportunity to give your missile greatest advantage.

Interstingly enough, the mere mention about my flying skill in BF2 incited scorns from the LOMAC veterans. I really do think that dogfight in BF2 is either glorified WWII dogfight with jet fighters pre 1.2 or a vastly simplified and comical version of modern aircombat, an equivalent of quake in air.
                          Thats true if we take realism into account. I see a pretty well sliced down version of digfighting in BF2. Comeon, you cant have BVR dogfights in these small maps. And we still talk about piloting (dogfighting) skills in Battlefield 2. So comparision to other games is just out of place.

I can wipe the floor with most SWAT4 players in SWAT4, I cant do jack**** in BF2. Yet I dont compare the best infantry players in BF2 to SWAT4

Comment

^Well duh. But that is due to gross imbalance of the J10, not because they are good. And the F35 stalk method works a lot. How the hell can you have a decent dogfight when all it is is just turn the J10 till you are behind them. Lock, click twice and kill.
                            And I consider metallicaguitrst a very good pilot. The guy went 99-0 in the F35 for christ's sake!!!

Comment

I haven't fought we colony yet, or maybe I was dogfighting with him if this CAL pilot I mentioned is an alternate account of him.

I usually don't fly in the dedicated wake, I just want to get away from that tk and plane camp mess.

oh BTW, I haven't seen guitarist taken down any decent J10 fliers. Believe me, any pilot who had made it over 20 hours will not be killed by the sneak behind with cannon only manuver. In fact, any pilot who knows how to turn can dodge EVERY single missile from F35.

So you would consider 3RD*NAME a bad pilot?

He's my top victim, and I kill him all the time while hes in a J-10

Comment

Working...
                              X