F/A-22 Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/A-22 Raptor?

I'm just wondering if any current mods are working on implementing the F/A-22 Raptor. Out of all the planes that is probably the one I would most like to see in a mod. After all, it is the most dominate fighter plane in the world.

In March 2003, during a combat training flight, 1 F-22A went against 5 F-15C Eagles. During the exercise, the F-22A shot down all F-15's without being damaged.

http://www.f22fighter.com/2c.jpg

It's one badass plane and deserves to be in atleast one mod

Re: F/A-22 Raptor?

Rising Conflicts will have one

Screens:

Comment

SWEET! What is their website?

Ok I found their website but I cant find anything about the raptor there, where did you find those screenies?

Comment

the raptor is a very fast experimental aircraft. imo, it would be too fast for a bf2 map

Comment

Its not much faster than most of the other fighter jets. The Mig-29 can hit Mach 2.3, the government claims the top speed of the Raptor is Mach 1.8 but it has already flown at Mach 1.8 without afterburners so one would think it could reach around Mach 2.0-2.3 with afterburners. The Raptor isn't about speed, its about stealth and maneuverability.

Comment

Hopefully its not a realism mod, otherwise it would only be balanced if the raptor was against 20-100 enemy aircraft, depending on the enemy plane :P

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
              the raptor is a very fast experimental aircraft. imo, it would be too fast for a bf2 map
              The Raptor is already operational...It would definately be an unfair advantage to the Opfor`s so, bring it on i say! (i love that jet)

<EDIT> the F/A-22 is an Air DOMINANCE jet, all the others are Air Superiority!

Comment

I say screw the F-15E, give us the F-22

the F-22 is slower than the F-15E, yet is stealthier, goes along with the F-35 and F-18 with the plan for the US air forces (Navy, Marine, and Air Force) by 2025 and it ROCKS!!!

Comment

And it's top speed is only limited by the various compounds used to absorb radar and decrease weight and the fact that they are less heat resistant than aluminum. The F-15 has 2 engines with 23,000lbs of thrust while the F-22 has 2 with approximately 38,000lbs of thrust. The F-22's empty weight is only slightly greater than that of the F-15, so given comparable loads the F-22's acceleration would be vastly superior to the F-15.

Fighters rarely operate at their absolute top speeds, acceleration is what is really important. The F-22 isn't limited in acceleration, only it's top speed because of heat due to drag.

The F-22 is built for stealth and maneuverability, but in all practical combat situations it is also by far the fastest fighter in the world. It's power to weight ratio is just absurd, like previously stated it reached mach 1.8 without afterburners. If you replaced the F-22's heat sensitive compounds with aluminum or titanium it's top speed would be absurd. But of course it would also be heavier and less stealthy, so it is a good tradeoff.

I say someone does a mod where China invades Siberia for the oilfields, Russian Air Force General defects to China bringing extremely capable Su-37 fighters to the Chinese. The US intercedes on Russia's behalf and provides air support for the Russian Army. Huge wide open maps with lots of planes converging on a few isolated but very important objectives such as refineries, runways, ports etc...

Comment

ehh....and how the heck you suppose us to get a lock on it?

If it was implimented into the game, It would be the a million times worse then the J10.

-supermaneuverability with the addition of Thrust Vectoring Nozzles. Its turn radius would be smaller than the J10.
                    -Stealth. How do we get a radar lock on it? In a BVR fight, any fighter jet is dead, only way to kill the Raptor is getting in a WVR fight.
                    -It's not any quicker than any other jet out there, but incorporates "Supercruise" which enables it to fly supersonic for extended periods of time, while other aircraft could only go for a few minutes, so in terms of not fitting the map, sure it would.
                    -ect ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Zone15
                      Its not much faster than most of the other fighter jets. The Mig-29 can hit Mach 2.3, the government claims the top speed of the Raptor is Mach 1.8 but it has already flown at Mach 1.8 without afterburners so one would think it could reach around Mach 2.0-2.3 with afterburners. The Raptor isn't about speed, its about stealth and maneuverability.
                      are you kidding? not that fast?

The F/A-22 Raptor uses thrust vectoring for momentum. This allows the Raptor to reach Mach 2 without even using its afterburner

thats pretty fast, in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Arc_Angel-xXx
                        are you kidding? not that fast?

The F/A-22 Raptor uses thrust vectoring for momentum. This allows the Raptor to reach Mach 2 without even using its afterburner

thats pretty fast, in my opinion
                        Actually about M1.7, but still supercruise.

However, especially in bf2, its quite unlikely there is any need to use full throttle. The F-22 should be the fastest aircraft without using afterburner, true, but its not like you are forced to go that fast.

The F-22 can easily go slower speeds. However, this game does not allow the F-22 its real advantages, such as stealth(at WVR range, it doesn't matter much), HMD(as its not in the game), longer endurance, etc. If anything, it would be almost at a disadvantage, due to lower loadouts(about equal with other planes using hardpoints though), and high cost. It could be made balanced, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Zone15
                          I'm just wondering if any current mods are working on implementing the F/A-22 Raptor. Out of all the planes that is probably the one I would most like to see in a mod. After all, it is the most dominate fighter plane in the world.

In March 2003, during a combat training flight, 1 F-22A went against 5 F-15C Eagles. During the exercise, the F-22A shot down all F-15's without being damaged.

http://www.f22fighter.com/2c.jpg

It's one badass plane and deserves to be in atleast one mod
                          i'm glad i found this thread, cuz the same thing was going through my mind.

Comment

Guys Russians have SU-37 to counter the F22 btw and if that dont work you got the MiG-1.42

They just dont have a big enough pocket to build them MiG-1.42's yet

Comment

Nice...1 month old thread...
                              Oh well, people that say F/A-22, it changed AGAIN to F-22...

Comment

Working...
                              X