Are BF2 graphix worth it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are BF2 graphix worth it???

I went from all low settings and a small res (5500 256mb) to everything max and higher res (7800gt)

It worth every penny

Comment

just my opinion but i played everything on low for so long that ive now got used it

admitted it looks good, real good, but i find it hard to play on good graphics settings now that ive played everything on low for so long...i can see the attraction for it though

Comment

it looks amazing on full settings and I have good frame rates

Comment

I play on an Alienware MJ12 7700m Moble Workstation with a P4 3GHZ, 2GB RAM, 2 40GB hd's and an Nvidia GeForce GO 6800 256MB vid card.

I run on medium settings mainly because every now and again the damn thing gets to hot and shuts itself off. Often in the middle of a game to. lol.

I'd love to build a gaming only rig, but right now its not feasible.

Comment

Until a few months ago, I ran at 800 x 600 with most settings on low and one or two on medium. After a (major) upgrade, I now run everything high with 4x AA at 1280 x 1024 and never get a hint of lag. The difference is spectacular (like, "be prepared to die because you're distracted by admiring the eye-candy" spectacular)... but does that make it worth the cost of the upgrade? Well, only you can answer that. It depends on how much it would cost and what that amount of money would mean to you. To some people, spending £1000 GBP on a new rig means nothing, so for them it's worth it. To others, spending £100 on some RAM is a lot, so for them, no it's not worth it.

It sure looks pretty, but I don't think it really makes much difference to your playing. You'll have to make the call yourself... but I don't regret my upgrade. As someone already said, you're not upgrading solely for BF2, so the money you spend shouldn't be considered as being sunk into this game alone.

Ultimately, it has to be your call... but going from low settings to high will leave you impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
              Until a few months ago, I ran at 800 x 600 with most settings on low and one or two on medium. After a (major) upgrade, I now run everything high with 4x AA at 1280 x 1024 and never get a hint of lag. The difference is spectacular (like, "be prepared to die because you're distracted by admiring the eye-candy" spectacular)... but does that make it worth the cost of the upgrade?
              Very similiar to my own situation, as someone who plays a lot of games and will do for the forseeable future it was worth getting something uber that will last me a while - and make the games just now look awesome.

However as most have said it is your own choice - don't expect it to give you any major advantage over your oponent or anything else, but it sure looks pretty.

Comment

oo ...dx10 o_0 cant wait..maybe ill wait to upgrade next year

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                  but does bf2 support all of these.
                  not DX10, it may have some backwards compatibility though.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                    not DX10, it may have some backwards compatibility though.

It will have to....(backwards compatibility that is)

Comment

Working...
                    X