X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Update - 5/01/06

Community Update - 5/01/06

Attention Soldiers!

Later today we will announce the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury™ booster pack for Battlefield 2™ which brings all-out mechanized battles to US soil for the first time. Maps set in the US have been requested by the community for quite some time, and we are pleased to deliver three that set the stage for huge armored warfare battles.

3 NEW MAPS
    • Operation Midnight Sun: The conflict spreads near the Pacific Ocean in a key battle for the Alaskan port of Valdez, where Chinese forces are attempting to secure much-needed fuel from the pipeline.
    • Operation Harvest: The MEC army begins their march East towards the U.S. Capital, and American forces must stall the advance long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
    • Operation Road Rage: The MEC forces have infiltrated deep into the USA, and are using the highways to move quickly towards key industrial sites that are dangerously near civilian areas.
    To balance the wide-open tank battles with aerial firepower, six new vehicles will be introduced, including 3 scout helos such as the MD 530 ?Little Bird?, and 3 ground attack aircraft like the A10 Warthog.

In addition, patch 1.3 is on the way, and with it comes single player co-op support, so you can grab a friend and tackle the bots as a team. More details to follow, so stay frosty!

Re: Community Update - 5/01/06

Sweet!! A-10!!

Comment

3 scout helis, and 3 bombers... man that's going to be brutal for the ground pounders.

Comment

Would be nice if we can get an outlay of the maps, just like it is on the load screen to see if its worth it.

Comment

Special forces...fooled me once, shame on, shame on you. Euro force... fooled me twice, shame on me.

Armored Fury...cant fool me again.

-------

After actually looking at the photos... if you can go inside the houses it would be sweet.

Comment

i could seriously go for some infantry only maps. i'm literally the top infantry man of my clan, but only moderate in vehicles, so you'll see my gripe
            it seems they keep catering more to pure vehicle battles, but not every battle is vehicles centric.

Comment

Very Nice...it's appealing, but will it be like the previous Bstr Packs!?! I'll Maybe I'll give it a try...

Chez

Comment

Operation Road rage looks good.

And I am sure there will be plenty of infantry battle around the sub urb and under the highway. Defendin' da hood.

Comment

The last two pictures are from Operation Road Rage and the first is from Operation Harvest.

I wonder what Operation Midnight Sun is like.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanG
                    Special forces...fooled me once, shame on, shame on you. Euro force... fooled me twice, shame on me.

Armored Fury...cant fool me again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway, sounds good but it still should be free...

Comment

Sweetness! Hopefully we can get a date! The A-10 looks AWESOME, and the highways look nice too!

However, is that LIGHTNING I see in the first image with the Abrahms!?!

Comment

Operation Road rage looks good.

And I am sure there will be plenty of infantry battle around the sub urb and under the highway. Defendin' da hood.
                        Werd homie G-Skillet
                        Grove Street for Life

Comment

Originally posted by jnick
                          Sweetness! Hopefully we can get a date! The A-10 looks AWESOME, and the highways look nice too!

However, is that LIGHTNING I see in the first image with the Abrahms!?!
                          that's lightning. BF2 engine is capable of handling weather effect like that.

Comment

The first picture looks awesome, Love that sky..

(first post btw )

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                              that's lightning. BF2 engine is capable of handling weather effect like that.
                              LOL, I just thought of something.

Death by lightning.

Comment

Working...
                              X