Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe an obvious question but as a fairly new member I need to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe an obvious question but as a fairly new member I need to ask...

When playing bf2 I notice a ton of the better players can do this kind of dropping roll to the ground, thus avoiding my fire and getting in a killer shot on me..........hows it done?

Also I have all medals at bronze or silver accept my explosives badge, have killed tons of people but never enough in one round, whats a good tactic/map just to get that first badge?

Hope one of you kind geniuses can help?

Cheers

Re: Maybe an obvious question but as a fairly new member I need to ask...

You press Z mate, It's just them going prone with an odd animation

Comment

Claymores en route to Hotel in Karkand.

Comment

so technically is it a mod of some kind as this doesnt happen when I run and then go prone? Its not a huge deal but looks quite cool and more importantly does seem like a good way to dodge visually.

My bigger issue is getting the expolsives badge, its driving me mad!!!

I have tried the claymores around karkland but you run out in a flash and then you have to wait for a bloody crate to get some more? Cant be how everyone else is doing it surely?

Comment

Explosive badge can be earned fairly easy as sniper as long as friendly fire for claymores is off on the server. You only get two of the buggers, so you will have to die a lot, but 13 kills is certainly not out of the question in and around the hotel flag on Karkand or the TV station at Sharqi.

You dont see your rolling animation, but you do it too. In other words, your view doesnt go all loopy, but you do a roll just like they do.

Comment

okay, the rolling is just an animation that happens when someone goes prone. Even when you prone you roll you just dont see it because you cant view it in third person.

as for the explosives badge i dont have it yet but as severity said go mec on karkand as a sniper and whore the whole hotel flag with claymores.

Comment

cheers dude, im finding that im just getting frustrated and trying to nail everyone with the c4 and failing usually!! lol

I will give the sniper thing a go and look for a server without the ff turned on if i can, nice one

Comment

Maxryan, there is only one true way to get the expert explosives badge

BF2:SF > Warlord > SAS > Special Forces > c4 quadbikes.

Comment

Originally posted by vets.Sarge

that's how I did it

Comment

Originally posted by Maxryan
                    so technically is it a mod of some kind as this doesnt happen when I run and then go prone? Its not a huge deal but looks quite cool and more importantly does seem like a good way to dodge visually.

My bigger issue is getting the expolsives badge, its driving me mad!!!

I have tried the claymores around karkland but you run out in a flash and then you have to wait for a bloody crate to get some more? Cant be how everyone else is doing it surely?
                    It's purely a visual thing. When you strafe to either side and press Z that happens. You obviously cannot see the camera spinning, but everyone else sees you. This is quite funny because you ahve a few dozen people constantly crying exploit without even understanding what is going on. :rofl:
                    For your explosives badge, use the search button you will find at least 2 dozen threads outlining some really good strategies for mines, claymore and C4.

Comment

Originally posted by vets.Sarge

Brilliant!

So how much stuff did you blowup using that method? How many vehicles, what type, how many infantry, you know. Details.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                        that's how I did it
                        Lol def gotta try that.

Comment

Well I have special forces buit I only need the basic badge so Im gonna have a go at karkand now ok. cheers fellas see you the battlefied

Comment

you can only roll when you press Z while holding either "A" or "D" (sidestepping)

you won't notice it - but others will see it.

Comment

Well i can now guatantee that the karkand claymore spamming works perfectly. Got the basic explosives badge on my first try with it. I basically just went sniper and placed claymores round the fence and alley gaps at the hotel, then and the gaps round the square when we lost the hotel. A full 64 man karkand server and it only took 5 mins to get

Comment

Working...
                              X