No announcement yet.

Problem with your connection (Wireless)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with your connection (Wireless)

Right I have recently installed Battlefield 2, and looking at the size of the newest patch I thought NO I cannot be arsed downloading it.
    So I decided to play the unpatched version of BF2 online with the servers that are still available for it.
    Due to me having wireless internet I thought this may not work as I have heard about the 'Problem with your connection' messages that appear for people who play wirelessly.

However on the unpatched version of the game I can run it fine on MULTIPLAYER without the messages appearing. But when I downloaded the patch and patched it up. I entered a multiplayer game and before I even spawned it came up with the dreaded message.

So as you can see, and also this is somesort of answer for the people that are encountering the same problem I have. IT IS THE NEW PATCH THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS. So I bloody well hope EA fix it with the new patch or I'm just gonna give up as it's just plain annoying having a cable running through my house. When the game works perfectly unpatched with wireless and then EA messes it up with the bloody abundance of patches that they have for the game. So I think it is up to EA to sort it out, hopefully with this new 1.3 patch.

So If anyone with wireless had the same problems and fixed it.
    WITHOUT: The wireless windows zero configuration (or whatever it's called) as I know that doesn't work. Or without telling me to disable VOIP or EAX support as that does not work either.

Re: Problem with your connection (Wireless)

I also experience lag since 1.2 :S

Comment

Just so you know, thats not a wireless problem, games work fine on a wireless connection.

Thats just BF2 for you.

Comment

So how come it works fine on the unpatched version of BF2, yet when I patch it I get this message popping up when I try to spawn.

It obviosuly isn't my BF2 but the patch which EA have provided, and if it's supposed to be 'My BF2' which is causing the problem what is the fix for it!

EDIT: Sorry Eden just read your post, slowly and just realised your blaming EA as well, but as I said it works fine on earlier versions. Just these last few patches must of messed up Wireless support or something.

Comment

It is a proven fact that those who have wireless internet do have more issues since they are shared off of the FM radio band waves and SOOOOO many things can interupt the signal. I have wireless and have had tons of issues and still do but after doing everything I'v read in these forums and a few other places, It's not nearly as bad. 2 things that I can give advice for now, the others, I'll have to go back and check to see what exactly I did and get back. 1st, you need to check to see what MHz your internet is run off of. For instance, mine is 900. If yours is, then if you have a cordless phone, check the MHz on it and make sure it's not the same. If it is, get a higher MHz or unplug the phone while you play. The 2nd thing is, if you are useing X-Fire, don't run it behind your game. Make sure it's always turned off.

This problem is not w/ EA or whatever, it's 100% your internet. Having wireless your always going to have problems but there are little things that you can do to make them a little better. As soon as I can, I'll post the other info or feel free to catch me on msn or any of the other chat thingy's I have.

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS
            It is a proven fact that those who have wireless internet do have more issues since they are shared off of the FM radio band waves and SOOOOO many things can interupt the signal. I have wireless and have had tons of issues and still do but after doing everything I'v read in these forums and a few other places, It's not nearly as bad. 2 things that I can give advice for now, the others, I'll have to go back and check to see what exactly I did and get back. 1st, you need to check to see what MHz your internet is run off of. For instance, mine is 900. If yours is, then if you have a cordless phone, check the MHz on it and make sure it's not the same. If it is, get a higher MHz or unplug the phone while you play. The 2nd thing is, if you are useing X-Fire, don't run it behind your game. Make sure it's always turned off.

This problem is not w/ EA or whatever, it's 100% your internet. Having wireless your always going to have problems but there are little things that you can do to make them a little better. As soon as I can, I'll post the other info or feel free to catch me on msn or any of the other chat thingy's I have.
            Erm no it isn't, this used to be the case when wireless technology was new but not anymore. the only time your wireless connection would cause lag is if the signal strength is very low and that will only happen if your trying to access the Internet from across the street or if you have massive amounts of radio interference which is unlikely because you would also have TV interference and regular radio interference.

Wireless being the cause of lag is a mith, just as there being no 64 bit drivers is a mith.

Comment

Well have you read my post it says it runs fine on earlier versions, since the newest patches I have encountered these problems so it obviously is EA!

Comment

Umm are we talking about the same wireless internet The wireless I'm talking about, you can't take it with you where ever you go. It's kinda like satalite but the dish connected to your house is smaller. Everything that I am going off of is from what I'v read and from what my squad members have helped me figure out since my ISP is of no help at all. I'm in the boonies and the wireless is the only option I have. If you'v ever heard of Cain's Lair (awsome server) then if you drop in on his site, he has a program that you can download and test the ping from your computer to ANY game server out there. Cain also offers that you can send the report to him and he will try to help figure out where your problem area's are help try to fix. Mine is 100% w/ my ISP. My ping can be 60 and with in 20 sec be over 1,000 w/ the interferance.

As for thinking that it's EA's fault that you are having issues, you can either just get rid of the patch and keep finding servers that don't have the patch or you can try to do something about it. I go through spurts and alot is just my ISP and not likeing the traffic that my husband and I are putting out and yes it does happen when there's not many people useing the ISP and they have nothing better to do then to sit and eyeball what you are doing.

Comment

Yeah thats what I'm doing atm playing on the original BF2 without patches. This is on MP of course, but as I can play that fine without getting problems I assume that it is the newer patches that have caused the problems. From 1.2 I believe as other people have had the same issue.

I am using a belkin router just to let you know, and my ISP is Tiscali which I know is something to do with it. But it only affects BF2 during peak time 6-11pm. But the peak time thing affects both the patched and unpatched version of BF2 so I already know about that little problem I have.

Comment

Working...
                  X