Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crashing to desktop and joining problems!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing to desktop and joining problems!?

Hey my nerdlingeers,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. My game crashes to desktop randomly when i am in games I have a raedeonX800XL and 1 GB of memory and i think this may be the problem. I am not given any error or warning messages and would really like to know the cause as it is of great annoyance.
    Any advice would be welcomed.

Also when i try to enter a number of servers (namely xtra,gamearena,internode etc) aus and nz based servers it says i have modified content,and tells me to revert to the current official version which i am already using.Again any advice would be welcomed. I searched and could not find any similar posts so sorry in advance if this has been posted. Thank you for your time. :

Re: Crashing to desktop and joining problems!?

I have the exact same issue with similar australasian servers. Crash to desktop, reboots, etc. So if anyone can help at all that would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
      I have the exact same issue with similar australasian servers. Crash to desktop, reboots, etc. So if anyone can help at all that would be appreciated.

I feel for you man, i said in my post it may be lack of memory or something similar...wats ur specs?(for ur pc)?

Comment

Originally posted by hamtheman
        I feel for you man, i said in my post it may be lack of memory or something similar...wats ur specs?(for ur pc)?
        9700 Pro
        P4 2.4GHz
        1.5GB Ram

BF2 has run fine on this rig for about 8 months now (well I had less RAM to start with).

I see no reason why this is not working, a mate of mine has today encountered the same problem.

Comment

You guys using the cd or cd image to run bf2? When mounting the bf2 cd image I generated with Alchohol120 at first I experienced the same problems as you guys. After I dled the bf2 cd image off a link provided by this forum and mounted that as the drive I had not problems or loading difficulties. Just a tip.

Comment

Originally posted by kushcompany
            You guys using the cd or cd image to run bf2? When mounting the bf2 cd image I generated with Alchohol120 at first I experienced the same problems as you guys. After I dled the bf2 cd image off a link provided by this forum and mounted that as the drive I had not problems or loading difficulties. Just a tip.
            Good tip, I just managed to solve my problem, yesterday I installed Daemon tools to try to run another game without the cd, that must have cause some sort of issue as now its deleted I have no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X