Weird crackling sound Plz help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird crackling sound Plz help!

Hi I am new to these forums but I have a problem that is really bugging me.

I get this weird crackling sound in the background when I am playing BF2, and when im at the menu. It just sounds like distortion, but its just a crackling. It is really annoying. I use the onboard AC'97 Enchanced audio controller or w/e it is. I know it's crap but oh well. I have a geforce 6600, and 512 MB of RAM. (My computer sucks ass I know :P).

Anyways, could anyone tell me how to get rid of this or if it is being cause by the crappy onboard sound drivers?

Thanks.

Re: Weird crackling sound Plz help!

check the audio settings in the menu make sure it is set for software as bf2 has problems with a lot of hardware audio devices

also check the wires and connections of the speakers and or headset try using another set or changing to see if noise persits most of the time its as simple as a lose plug

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
      check the audio settings in the menu make sure it is set for software as bf2 has problems with a lot of hardware audio devices

also check the wires and connections of the speakers and or headset try using another set or changing to see if noise persits most of the time its as simple as a lose plug
      Checked that, didn't help. I tried a different pair of speakers like you suggested and it was the same thing, so it's not the speakers... onboard sound drivers maybe?

Thanks.

Comment

yes its the onboard sound drivers. just reinstall with the new drivers. i had the same problem with the Realtek AC 97.

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
          yes its the onboard sound drivers. just reinstall with the new drivers. i had the same problem with the Realtek AC 97.
          Thanks.. Do you know where I can find these drivers???

I would very much appreciate it.

Originally posted by cloaker
          I looked on google, couldn't find the drivers for this...

Comment

check your motherboards website

look for the sound card maker not the drivers

tons of cards use realtek

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
              check your motherboards website

look for the sound card maker not the drivers

tons of cards use realtek
              I just have the onboard VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller... Soooo I have no idea where to look. My mother board is ECS I think... Any help is greatly appreciated...

Someone please help me im dying here. This sound is annoying! I know I am a noob.

Comment

It is definitly your sound driver, I also had the same problem with my onboard sound for the Realtek AC 97 on my Asus A8n-32sli mobo. Listen to cloaker, reinstall drivers, if that doesn't work go creative xi-fi. The Xi-Fi reviews state the sound card has problems with nf4 chipsets FYI!

Comment

Originally posted by kushcompany
                  It is definitly your sound driver, I also had the same problem with my onboard sound for the Realtek AC 97 on my Asus A8n-32sli mobo. Listen to cloaker, reinstall drivers, if that doesn't work go creative xi-fi. The Xi-Fi reviews state the sound card has problems with nf4 chipsets FYI!
                  I tried installing latest drivers for it, didn't do anything. I guess I gotta get a new sound card. You said get the Creative Xi-Fi or that it has problems?? Im confused..

Comment

Working...
                  X