Shuttle AN35/N mobo [nVidia nForce 2 chipset]
    1 GB PC2700 RAM
    Asus nVidia 6600 128MB (84.21 Drivers)
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    420W power supply

Non-OC'ed processor
    Videocard OC'ed from 300/550 to 400/671

Problem:
    BF2 loads fine and when joining a server it will load all the way up to the time the Join Game button appears, however at that point after clicking it, the computer stops responding and looping about a couple seconds worth of audio, but this is only for about 20 seconds. After that, I can see the 3D rendering of the map, but then the game crashes to the desktop very shortly afterward.

Other notes:
    This started occurring after I got the Asus 6600 videocard, where I previously had a Gigabyte 9600XT (OC'ed quite a bit too), and BF2 ran fine on medium settings. Oblivion runs fine, Quake 4 runs gorgeously, everything else is fine besides this BF2 problem.

Any help?

Re: Crash to desktop after 3D initialized

I had the same problem with the Pny 6600 and went thru
    both pny and ea's techs with no luck. I just returned the card and purchased a 7800 gs oc.

Comment

Thats not an option, as I am not about to go through all that just to play BF2.

Comment

I had that a few days ago. Uninstalling Daemon tools and other virtual drive apps seemed to fix it, if thats any help.

Comment

so apparently it was my soundcard. all i had to do was go into dxdiag and change the accelleration of my sound from super ultra cool accelleration to basic accelleration.

Comment

Working...
          X