Respawning objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawning objects?

My clan is trying to create our very own practice map. Part of this map includes a firing range, and we tried making our own targets. This is what we wanted.

Then we found out that by making these new models we would have to make a whole new mod because none of the 77th has this model in their BF2 folders. So than we got the idea to make the targets normal old street signs or exploding barrels.

Does anyone know how we can make these signs respawn 3 seconds after you shoot it and it falls down?

We need help, we're all doing this for the first time.

You can post here or at our own thread in our forums: http://77thmeu.proboards21.com/index...ead=1146008812

Appreciate the help ahead of time

Re: Respawning objects?

I like your idea, I saw info somewhere on how to do this, but I forgot where it was... i can try and look but i don't have much time

Comment

was it on this site?

Comment

As long as that thing is truly a destructibleObject, just make a spawner that spawns it, setting minSpawnTime to 3 seconds.

Comment

surreal mod is working on adding a firing range to a few maps, so check it out in a month or 2 http://www.surreal-planet.com/ we plan to have a range with bullseyes to shoot and cutouts of people, to shoot, atm we do have cutouts that are wreakable so u can sink rounds into them, they leave a mark were u hit it, i have looked at repawning this cutouts and added a car first and then changed them over to cutouts and had them repawn however the map woulded load due to this, so i see if it can respawn another way i bet if i add lines in cutout objects that it is a objectspawner it should work, coz it dint work the other way, lol

Comment

LOL. Surreal is going to have EVERYTHING

Comment

is there anyway to change a street sign from only falling over when it gets hit by an explosion? is there anyway we can make it fall over when its hit by small arms fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darth_Master
                LOL. Surreal is going to have EVERYTHING
                Maybe too much, I couldn't understand a word of that.

And zlehmann: check one of the .tweak files for the destructible objects. Perhaps changing the ExplosionMaterial might help.

Comment

good o elxx, yeah surreal has lots of stuff to play with he he , so whats ur point elxx, their is never to much u can have, sounds like sour grapes

Comment

i started messing around with those tweakers, and thats when i started losing objects on my ingame map

Comment

Working...
                    X