A Question Of Lag... Bf2 Vs. Sf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question Of Lag... Bf2 Vs. Sf

So yeah, I finally picked up SF the other day. It's pretty dam sweet. At least there's a lot more to do now and I don't know every little nook and cranny and hiding spot in every single map there is, so it's a lot more challenging again.

Anyway, one big thing I've noticed, regardless of my ping or whether I've restarted my comp recently, SF seems to run soooo much smoother than Vanilla.... Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not much of a computer guy (lol, I can barely run Windows) so maybe it's all in my head, but I dont think so. Whats up with this?

Re: A Question Of Lag... Bf2 Vs. Sf

hmm weird its normly the other way round for most people they can play vannilla ok and then they get Sf and it lags like mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarz
      So yeah, I finally picked up SF the other day. It's pretty dam sweet. At least there's a lot more to do now and I don't know every little nook and cranny and hiding spot in every single map there is, so it's a lot more challenging again.

Anyway, one big thing I've noticed, regardless of my ping or whether I've restarted my comp recently, SF seems to run soooo much smoother than Vanilla.... Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not much of a computer guy (lol, I can barely run Windows) so maybe it's all in my head, but I dont think so. Whats up with this?
      I've noticed the oposite thing. There is alot more lag in SF, and certain maps, like Iron Gator, are imposible to play due to huge lag and low FPS.

Comment

yea i get alot more fps lag in sf

Comment

I find that SF is unbelievably laggy compared to even vanilla bf2's karkand. How you find it smoother is beyond me and most people. It's because SF was rushed so much that the maps aren't optimized at all.

Comment

SF sucks lag wise. I joined and i literally could not move for at least 5 min, i thought it froze but it turns out to be horrible lag. It took a good 20 min to smoothen completely. In vanilla, i can join lag for a few seconds, then maybe stutter for a min and then im good to go.

Comment

Scarz what are your system specs?

Comment

I get lag with SF , quite a lot of people get it apparently . Your the first iv heard that has experienced the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by jamie321
                  I get lag with SF , quite a lot of people get it apparently . Your the first iv heard that has experienced the opposite
                  Same here, never heard anyone say SF was smoother than vanilla.

Comment

SF is more laggy than BF2, i guess bc its all the different sides and stuff but it is definitely more laggy

Comment

I think the reason that SF is more laggy is because there's more/bigger buildings. Stuff like the palace in Warlord and the huge carrier with its complex interior on Iron Gator kill my computer when it runs fine otherwise.

Comment

SF is much laggier than vanilla on most ppls comps 99% of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarz
                          SF seems to run soooo much smoother than Vanilla
                          Scarz you are SPECIAL! Don't change anything with your computer or BF2 and enjoy your unique situation :laugh:

...and I thought I was in good shape because my SF ran just as fine as Vanilla.

Comment

Working...
                          X