md5 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• md5 error

hi when ever i try to install bf2 i always get md5 error then a name of a file and it says ignore or retry and i press retry but get the same thing again so press ignore and i always get kicked by punkbuster for corrupt file/memmory? whats the deal? i have reinstalled like 7 times. please help ps. i have installed on my other 2 pcs and they dont get this error so it cant be a disc scratch

any one know!???!?!?!?!?!!?`1

Re: md5 error

I once had a silmilar problem with a large zip file that I downloaded. Every time it tried the zip file was corrupt. In my case it turned out the RAM was broken. Download a memtest and run it for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Painl3ss.NL
      I once had a silmilar problem with a large zip file that I downloaded. Every time it tried the zip file was corrupt. In my case it turned out the RAM was broken. Download a memtest and run it for a few hours.
      hmm il try.

Comment

I was getting these errors and getting kicked my self yesterday, I changed a couple of gfx setting and it sorted it out.

I heard the error is something to do with moding the bf2 exe to increase performance, I did increase the priority of the game but reverted it back to normal status and now Ive had no problems.

Comment

please explain what you mean.

does it have anything to do with my system?

Intel P4 3.2 ghz
          2 x 512 mb RAM
          Nvidia 6600gt 128 mb
          Asus p8004e deluxe or somthing? idk

::EDIT:: Also i was thinking of getting better memory like ocz 2x1gb for 2gbs would that help

Comment

if it's an old DVD drive then it may cause problems

bad memory can also cause issues like that as painless said, test by installing with one stick or the other

Comment

omg i have tried everything!! different hard drive, different ram and 1 stick, different drives and it doesnt do any thing!!!! ahhh im super confused i have no clue what to do im stuck please help!!!

Comment

Working...
              X