BF2 Unpure Server How to Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Unpure Server How to Guide

There has been alot of discussion about BF2 unpure servers, and about and VCD (Verifiying Client Data) Load times. I know I spent a whole day studying the issues. The point was, that servers that dont VCD load alot faster, twice as fast in my case. They are definately tied together. Period.

After alot of trial and error I finally figured out how to create a Unpure Server (Content Check Disabled) BF2 Server.
    OK,so no big deal, but there are alot of people like myself who have been trying to figure out how to do this. But beware, running a unpure server opens it up to cheaters. So it might keep the admins busy.

The monitor icon represents whether a server has content check enabled. Content check prevents players with edited files from playing on these servers. To further ensure a quality play experience players should always look for servers with content check enabled.
    First off, I am running the BF2 server from Ea.
    The Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.22 (246MB) on a different system.

To make your server unpure or disable content check follow these intructions:

Go into "...Battlefield 2 Server\mods\bf2" folder.
    You will see 2 files named std_archive_mod.md5 and std_archive.md5
    It looks as if these are the checksum files needed to verify the server is pure. Simply rename then to backup_std_archive_mod.md5 or whatever you wish to have your unpure server. And thats it.
    Anyone who has long VCD load times wont have that problem on your server.

Enjoy.
    Thanks to IVfluids for helping me figure this out.

Editing the files and making your server unpure you do so at your own risk

Re: BF2 Unpure Server How to Guide

That goes for the "unranked" linux server also, well the opposite of what you are doing... You need to place the std_archive_mod.md5 and menu_server.zip in /home/****/bf2/mods/bf2.
    Either take the zip and md5 files from the win server, or from the game client...

This will enable content check on your linux dedicated server!

Comment

Very nice. People have been wanting to know that for a long time, for both how to get Linux to have it and how to get Windows to not have it. Nobody ever really made it public info though, and if it was, it sure was not very easy to find.

This should get stickied or merged in a relevant thread.

Comment

Believe me when i say, i have spendt ALOT of time finding out how to enable it on nix... And i found out that all ranked server providers, have been notified how to do this, just not the public... Wich sucks pretty bad!

Anyways, stick this!

Comment

Content Check

Pure Mode

bump...

Comment

Working...
          X