building a new PC need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a new PC need help!

SO ive got 1.5k -2.k to spend on a new PC.the pc will be used for mainly gaming.

not sure whats good right now because i havent kept up. But i know a lot of you have ,so if you could help me out by giving me some good builds for my money.Thanks for the help.

Re: building a new PC need help!

AMD dual-core is the way to go. I suggest getting an Opteron and overclocknig the ever-loving **** out of it.

For HD's, the Raptor X is extremely good. Runs faster then 2 Raid-0 7200 HD's.

For a motherboard, DFI i really good at overlclocking while ASUS has good stability.

For video cards, the 7900GTX is the fastest while the X1900XTX has better features like better AA.

I suggest watercooling, if you decide to get it, Ill tell you the best blocks you can get.

EDIT:

For PSU's, Tagan is extremely reliable - one of the very best. Dont believe me? Read any review - it will be positive, claiming Tagan is one of the very best.

Comment

post there. Theres a lot more people who can help you.

Comment

I would MOST LIKELY 1. wait a tiny bit for AM2 and DDR2 support from amd. OR buy about a 1.5k gaming rig now, and when the new tech comes out use another 700 to upgrade.

I would go AMD dual core, 4400 or 4600 maybe
        2gb high performance ram (Corsair XMS, OCZ Gold, G Skill)
        a good motherboard, the nforce 4 chipset is nice, either get an nforce 4 Ultra mobo and a really nice video card, or a nforce4 SLi mobo and two good cards. or an SLi mobo and one, because you can still use one if you please. (by good motherboard I mean something stable and with good overclocking options.)
        hard drive: whatever you want really, AT LEAST 7200rpm and 16mb cahce is the way to go.
        sound: creative x-fi card
        video: 7900gt's from nvidia. (two if you get an SLI mobo)
        case: whatever you're into.

Comment

dont buy one yet wait till AM2 proccessors and DX10 cards are released later this year

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant
            dont buy one yet wait till AM2 proccessors and DX10 cards are released later this year
            -_- AM2 performance increase is like 5-10%. and DX10 will be good but reall i wouldnt get one when they come out.
            if you have the money and the patience I would wait...yes. if not dont worry.

Comment

The system I am using right now for gaming until I build the next rig:

Prescott 3.0 P4 Socket 478 with 1 mb cache and 800 FSB.
              Thermaltake Series 7 CPU Cooler.

Two SATA Maxtors RAID 0
              Asus P4-P800E Deluxe Motherboard
              Promise RAID controller(Hardware, not software)
              Two seperate Maxtor IDE drives ATA 133's and 7200 rpm's

Kingston Hyper - X Matched set of 4x512 mb DDR PC3200's They are purchased close to the same season of the year for best consistency.

500+ watts Power supply from Antec. The thing cost like 100 dollars but has not failed yet. DONT BUY CHEAP Fry supplies because they WILL FAIL within a few months.

Cyberpower 1500 AVR Smart Backup Power Supply. I think it has like 1000 watts for about 40 minutes and regulates voltage very well.

6800 Video Card with 12 Pipes and 256 memory from ASUS. At the time it performed equal to the full 16 pipe 6800 card for 200 dollars less. My next card will be a 7900GTX 512 x2 in SLI.

4 Vantec Tornado Cooling fans backed by a Window mounted air conditioner, it is hot where I live.

I think I spent about 1400 dollars in OEM parts total building this from Newegg about 2 years ago. Shipping ate me alive because I made the mistake of ordering one at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X