What types of new maps would you like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What types of new maps would you like

I see there are plenty of people wanting new maps, what would you like to see on RANKED servers if EA asked the community what they wanted for a map pack?

Here's some of my suggestions.

Snow maps, something like Siberia or Alaska could make good maps. I realise the X-Box 360 version of BF2 has it, no reason why we shouldn't.

A Blackhawk Down map of Somalia, again I know there's an unranked version of this somewhere, but in a ranked server it could be good. The US has one uncap base, an airfield. The only air assets allowed are two Blackhawks, and if the game eventually gets the provision, two light choppers. Vehicles are limited to Hummvees on the US side, Technicals and cars on the Somali side. This would mean integrating some of the SF and Euro forces content. The only spawns the US would have at the start in Mogadishu is the two chopper crash sites.

Re: What types of new maps would you like

I'd be happy with free maps of any kind at this point.But, we will continue to be force fed incompatible expansion packs.Who's the rocket scientist who came up with the incompatible X Pack idea? I hope he got himself a corner office for that revenue generating gold mine.

There are no other 'classic' maps from '42 worthy of a redux a la Rape Island 2007?

Silly me! The coders are all hard at work on " Battlefield:The Iceman Cometh"...

No, give me another patch that doesn't address any faults and scews up game play...(No squad hopping and air drop vehicles?) thats just what I want...

How about that red/blue thing? You guys heard of that one?

Comment

Id like to see attack at taiming from the first totalbf2 map pack get ranked status we need a chinese city map.

Comment

none, I'd like the game to just die out just in time for when the new ones come out. the likes of QWET, BF2142 et c, that is.

Comment

well i would also liek some snow maps, maybe another booster liek AF and EF only RF for russion force, have big wide open places liek huge, and just have a blst in the show

Comment

any mape NOT made by DICE would probably be ok..

their maps are so lopsided they have to give one team ticket advantage
            at the beginning (but it still isnt enough to even it out..)

very few of the maps now are even.. One side gets the chopper with
            the chain gun the other team gets the chopper woth the cannon seat..
            get real..

Wake Island.. what a joke this map is at the beginning... better hope for
            2 things when you play this one.. the other teams jet and chopper kiddies
            dont carrier rape you for the first 10 minutes...AND that your teams
            jet and chopper kiddies decide to try and go for a base FIRST, rather
            than dogfight for 10 minutes..

DICE are idiots.. they put about as much thinking into developing a map
            as they do in......well....developing the game... which is NEAR NONE.

Comment

Snow maps.
              In doors maps - inside buildings, and stuff like that.
              Maps for Jets = huge maps with little detail on the ground for best performance.
              More city maps like Karkand.
              Undergound maps, like bumkers and stuff.

Comment

i would like to see more city-maps with close quarters...like alleys and stuff.....also at least on jungle map....only few bases have buildings, the rest should be trees and hill and stuff, with a main dirtroad, and many, many, many, many footpaths...maybe even a river with a few boats on each end

Comment

Originally posted by Linus

get real..

Which brings me to Iron Gator. If you're the Seals and the other side has a good Hind pilot and gunner team, the flight deck is a death trap.

Comment

I would like to have a map in the us!
                    In vanilla every city is attacked by us-soldiers. Why shouldn't the PLA attack a us city -> they got a lot more soldiers than america.

BTW I probably would like to have an Omaha-beachlike scenario when it's possible to balance such a map..

Comment

get real..

Since you are such an expert on map balance, what cal-m team do you lead?

Comment

I would like a map that takes place in a huge building, with lots lots of destructable things...like you can kill someone in an elevator by shooting the cables for it.

Comment

I've got to admit that I wish there was more use made of the interiors of buildings. Look at Basrah's edge in Desert Combat, there was a fair amount of interiors in that map.

Comment

Omaha Beach

Comment

You dont have to play it if you hate it so much You had the chance to play the free demo before you bought it. If you dont like it, then dont buy it - cant be simpler then that. Its just like you had a taste of maple syrup and hate it - then you go buy an entire jar of it and eat it while you cry in hate. Go and play something you like.

By the way - my favourites is citymaps.
                              1. Sharqi
                              2. Karkand
                              3. Mashtuur

I would like more : Forrests and citymaps

Comment

Working...
                              X