Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listen UP.......cool mod idea for 2142 !! !! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen UP.......cool mod idea for 2142 !! !! !

Ok, for modders....or DICE if your reading, even better:

DICE:
    Release 2142. BUT! Include all of BF2's objects for the maps, or include current BF2 urban type maps as well. (even better)

Idea....... USMC using Mechs, and all the hi-tek stuff 2142 is gonna bring, versus the MEC team, using current BF2 weaponry.

Man, how cool, would it be to see a 2 MECHS comming down the street in Karky, going against a few tanks/apcs, and what not?

That would be a cool battle.

SO, old versus new on a few maps, call it OVN mode, or something like that.
    Be a pretty cool marketing deal too, without doing too much work as all the stuff is modeled and scripted. DICE..........just tell EA, it will sell more copies. That would get their attention. $$$

anyone else think this would be fun as heck?

Re: Listen UP.......cool mod idea for 2142 !! !! !

<-- Looney bin
    Totalbf2142.com -->

Comment

Psst...

It's up 'n live.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm what im saying, is

it would be cool to have one team have all of the 2142 stuff/weaponry, go against the other team with current BF2 weaponry.

wow, didnt think that was such an odd thing.

As far as a mod, the mod would be, putting BF2 within 2142........so this could happen.
        As far as DICE, it would be a situation where they would include say 5 maps or so, where you could switch the server to play OVN (old versus new) mode. SO a completely new type of game within the game. (2142) Making it a stronger pitch even for sales, without creating more content, code, etc.

It would just be cool as heck, with one team having mechs, and hovercrafts, going against current tanks, and helos. Be fun.

Comment

Just thought I'd give ya a pointer to the 2142 specific site since that's where people are really delving into it.

As fer yer idear...
          I don't think Dice will wanna go that way. Their core game has to be balanced 'n stuff. Carrying over old content would be bloat.

However... I could see mods for this being cool. It shouldn't be too hard to import Kark directly into 2142 along with BF2 weapons, skins, models, etc. It's the same engine, afterall, just enhanced.

Comment

and what me and wargimp said was that this is probably better suited to the TOTALBF2142.com forum as it is now online and needs some active members

Comment

The BF2 maps are designed for BF2, if they are used in BF2142 it will be horribly unbalanced like Wake is.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                Ok, for modders....or DICE if your reading, even better:

DICE:
                Release 2142. BUT! Include all of BF2's objects for the maps, or include current BF2 urban type maps as well. (even better)

Idea....... USMC using Mechs, and all the hi-tek stuff 2142 is gonna bring, versus the MEC team, using current BF2 weaponry.

Man, how cool, would it be to see a 2 MECHS comming down the street in Karky, going against a few tanks/apcs, and what not?

That would be a cool battle.

SO, old versus new on a few maps, call it OVN mode, or something like that.
                Be a pretty cool marketing deal too, without doing too much work as all the stuff is modeled and scripted. DICE..........just tell EA, it will sell more copies. That would get their attention. $$$

anyone else think this would be fun as heck?
                Good ideas. I'm sure they'll listen to your suggestions. Usually they are pretty good about it. So far everything I've asked them, they've done it.

Comment

really? they have supplied you with goats for a year? Nice of them.

Comment

For 2142 I want PhysX support. So if a Mech is keeping my team pinned down at a critical location, we just blow out the front of a building so it collapses on top of it. Or the enemy keeps slipping around the side to flank us so we bomb that spot full of 30 foot craters and make it impassible. Of course then that route is cut off to us too so some strategy is involved. Or if I come under fire I can blow down any nearby door and escape inside any building. Will be some amazingly creative solutions possible to problems once this is available.

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
                      Good ideas. I'm sure they'll listen to your suggestions. Usually they are pretty good about it. So far everything I've asked them, they've done it.
                      sarchasm alert! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                        really? they have supplied you with goats for a year? Nice of them.
                        Only inflatable ones .

Comment

Working...
                        X