Cant find Install Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find Install Folder

When I try and install the 1.22 patch it says it cant find the BF2 install folder? Whats the matter? Every thing else works fine?.

Re: Cant find Install Folder

Did you install BF2 on a drive other than C? Because the patch might automatically select drive C for the patch.

Also, if you have renamed BF2.exe change it back for the patching process because if it doesnt update the exe BF2 will crash on startup.

Comment

I checked everything but it still says It cant find it. I had originaly installed it on another computer then transferred it on the the computer i use now through and external hardrive because the computer I use know would crash before installation. Could that have any thing to do with it?

Comment

If you didn't actually install it on this new computer, just copied the files, then yes, that would be the problem. Use your CD's to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerfan
          I checked everything but it still says It cant find it. I had originaly installed it on another computer then transferred it on the the computer i use now through and external hardrive because the computer I use know would crash before installation. Could that have any thing to do with it?
          You're missing the registry entries, which are created upon installation.

Copy this:
          Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2]
          "InstallDir"="C:\\Games\\Battlefield 2"
          Copy to notepad, correct the path and save as .reg-file (path.reg) and open.

Comment

I cant install it from CD because every time I tried to install the game, it crashed in the middle of the install with no error message! I get to here and when its finished it crashes

Comment

Working...
            X