Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading crash @ ~50%?

Hey..

I've been playing BF2 for quiet some time now, and it has worked fine until today :/ WHen I try to load a mulitiplayer or singleplayer game it crashes at about 50% loading. Anyone who's got an idea of what might cause that problem?

Re: Loading crash @ ~50%?

Mine does that at 62 percent, just reboot and re-load... it should work.

Comment

I dunno fellas, my friend is having some bad issues much like yours. I could NOT tell you what is up, but simply suggest the full re-install.

Comment

Full reinstall should probably help...

Comment

I've already rebooted and it didn't help :/. I should try to reinstall but the patching takes so damn long time.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerjoe
            I've already rebooted and it didn't help :/. I should try to reinstall but the patching takes so damn long time.

Agreed, i guess it boils down to how BAD you want/need to play today.

Comment

Try emptying shaders cache. Remove "My Documents\Battlefield 2\Mod\bf\cache" folder.

Comment

Sometimes if your grapics are to high for your system this will happen.
                Before I updated my pc I would crash at 62%. Once I turned stettings a bit down it would run.
                I would crash at 50% if resolution was to high.

Comment

moved to support

Comment

Could also be a possibility of faulty RAM. When you're loading, it's all RAM.
                    BF2 is the only game that has given me problems with crashing.
                    I would suggest doing a MemTest on your RAM to eliminate hardware issues.

Comment

if re-installing doesnt work, run it in a window, it will usually give you the error then

right click the shortcut on your desktop and choose properties
                      where it says ".......BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1"

change it to "+fullscreen 0"

load up a map like normal, and when it crashes, it should tell you the error

Comment

Well I reinstalled and it fixed the crash. But when I press Join Game after the loading / verifying I get another error. Now it says that I have modified my bf2 data and that the server only allows unmodified BF2 content. So I started a singleplayer game and saw that my BF was all screwed up. All skins were totally messed up and were placed the wrong places, the text was unreadable and not all things worked properly. So I reinstalled again and updated to patch 1.22 and now I can't even start up BF2...
                        Everything about BF2 except ingame experiences really suck ass

Comment

.... Now I've reinstalled BF2 again and I still can't open the game... Then I tried to patch to 1.22 and I can't even patch now, I just says "Patching failed" at 3%.
                          Also, when I'm about to uninstall BF2 (happend 7-8 times now) it says that the size of the game is 1.8GB (with the patch installed), but here I could not install the patch, and it says that the size is 2.1GB, this is really some weird ****.

Now BF2 finally works, but now I can't patch it.. WHen I doubleclick the patch nothing happens damn I hate EA

Comment

This is what happens when i change it to +Fullscreen 0 =

Click to make image bigger^

Comment

Hey man,

sorry to hear your troubles. we all know how it feels when something that use to work well decides to crap out on you. To be honest with you, when in doubt REFORMAT. I know its a pain in the arse, but if you backup regularly and keep ur system clean a fresh reformat and clean install of xp will not take that long and may fix the most random user/developer errors!

Comment

Working...
                              X