Transport Air drop troops....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Air drop troops....

If EA nerfs the squad hopping, and the USMC cannot get off the carrier their only place to spwan. And then carrier gets raped, raped and raped.....

I think it would be nice to have a mobile spawn point such as a C-130...
    Flying from one side of the map to the other... Allowing troops to parachute into flags... It would keep the game going... Hopefully eliminate the effects of no mainland flags and carrier rape....

The Whales/Tubs/Transport choppers are flying death traps with a semi skilled enemy pilot..... ding - ding - ding - winner 6 easy kills.......

just a thought....

* and I would like to be able to shoot one down and score 25 kills...LOL jk...

Re: Transport Air drop troops....

Well, its a good idea, but needs a little refining. Mainly, because if it flys all the way across the map, then people will just start stealing aircraft from the other team. Although it would be extremely cool to watch marines parachute onto a beach fort on Oman.

Comment

man not to bad of an idea would be cool to have.

Comment

If 1.3 patch can air drop vehicles then they make a little mod an drop troops too....
        Flight path doesn't necessarly matter.... Its the altitude that will determine how far you can parachute..... I personally dont like opening the shoot uintil I'm FOR SURE DEAD in real life.... A parachute floating in the sky is a " HELLO COME KILL ME PLEASE, IM LANDING OVER THERE"...haha

Comment

Well with a C-130 flying overhead it;s just an invation for enemy planes to come and shoot it down.

Comment

Make it a "non killable" vehicle... let it fly above the clouds and not be seen...

Comment

Makes sense. It means the Chinese team would have to keep their eyes to the sky.

Comment

that would be sweet. have it at like 8000 meters up so no planes could get it. yyou should suggest that to ea because thast is an awesome idea.
                sorry for the spelling errors.lol

Comment

A flying spawn point like on a C130 sounds good but imagine the problems, the general idea in this game now is that if you are down to one base that it sucks and you just have to do your best to escape.

A flying mobile spawnpoint...that would just be crazy.

Comment

Or liek that map in SP? once you spawn your falling?

Comment

I was kicking an idea around like this and what the heck, I'll bounce my version off ya'll here.

Airdrops would be command controled.
                      When a commander chooses an airdrop location (by clicking someplace on the map, just like a UAV or supply drop), it creates a spawn point Any player can choose to spawn on that point over the next 30 seconds. When they spawn, they find themsleves locked in the back of a cargoplane. At the end of that 30 seconds, a C130 (good choice of plane, I think) flys over that point and auto drops everyone onboard.

The feature would have a recharge rate like all other command assets.
                      Only 6 (one full squad) could choose to spawn on the C-130. If there are already 6 players onboard, the point goes red.

This would allow airdrops to be implemented without totally destroying map balance, IMHO.

Comment

the reason why transport copters are death traps is cuz they fly too low. ever seen a real heli? theyre way up there and imaginee trying to shoot one down...pilots need to fly higher!! also...i flyable c-130 would be wonderful...an auto mobile c-130 would sortof destroy the concept of capturing spawn points..

Comment

The problems of carrier rape is the result of two fundemental (Spelling??) flaws in your team.

1- Failure to assert proper air defense using the shipboard mounts.

2- Failure to accept and use boats below the carrier.

Once the air defense shoots down the raper, there is about 15-30 seconds in which to get off that boat and onto the shore. That's plenty of time.

If nothing happens and your team fails miserably then the game is lost. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                            The problems of carrier rape is the result of two fundemental (Spelling??) flaws in your team.

1- Failure to assert proper air defense using the shipboard mounts.

2- Failure to accept and use boats below the carrier.

Once the air defense shoots down the raper, there is about 15-30 seconds in which to get off that boat and onto the shore. That's plenty of time.

If nothing happens and your team fails miserably then the game is lost. It's that simple.
                            I got base raped and apcs were coming in and destoying all of the boats trying to get away.

Comment

Like in Warlord?

Comment

Working...
                              X