Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chopper settings.

Originally posted by Brindled
    10's across the board, the faster the better, and using a highend mouse helps also. the advice to increase a lil at a time is a good idea. joysticks are much more sensitive when considering chopper flight. they can spin a chopper around quicker than a mouse can, but at a loss of stability.
    My opinion of JS vs Mouse is the exact opposite. You need to up your windows sensitivity by the looks of it.

Comment

i'm a good chopper pilot but i don't touch my settings at all, it can't get any better can it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kattspya
        My opinion of JS vs Mouse is the exact opposite. You need to up your windows sensitivity by the looks of it.
        i dont understand what you mean. my js doesnt need anymore sensitivity added to it due to its ability to create continual rotations across any axis at plenty of speed, which is what i meant by stability dropping due to a higher roll rate in any axis direction. when using a js i have to drop my sensitivities to overcompensate its higher roll rate in any direction. but thats just me, and my configurations. i am sure everyone is different in their adjustments due to reflexes and such.

Comment

When i fly jets, I always use a joystick, but when it comes to flying heli's, a mouse and keyboard combo works the best. You can change the view so you dont see your co-pilot, which i recomend, and also use a high sensitivity. Start out low, but build your way up.

Comment

My chopper settings....all default except sensitivity from 3 to 1...

I dunno, my mouse is already high dpi so it works out well for me.

Comment

im not an amzing pilot at each .... but this is my opinion

I bought a HOTAS , and for planes its great... I think the joystick is amazing

for choppers im thinking of using the throttle control and the mouse (can use oneofthe hats for the steer and gives an analogue throttle) which I think makes a LOT of difference..

If you have anything you could use like that, then a mouse and something like a n50 (the n52 has a continous scrolling wheel so not really like a throttle) i think is invaluable

but then , its how you learn to fly

Comment

Working...
              X