Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! : Game Play Frozen?

The Problem

Well this is something Ive never experienced or ever heard about. I run bf2 fine, login, update server list, load the server and when it gets to the screen where I choose my team, kit and spawn location I cant do anything. A unusual icon of the mouse appears in the middle of the screen and both my keyboard/mouse are frozen and cannot move. I know my keyboard is frozen because when I press caps lock the light flashes on and then off again quickly.

I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but that didnt work and I have the bf 2 patch. This is nothing to do with the PC specs because i have been running this game perfectly for weeks before this. Im not sure what to try or what im expecting as help from forum readers. I pray that someone out there has had this problem before and can shed some light on how to fix it.

There should be a picture displayed above! If theres not:

Click Here To View The ScreenShot.

Thanks,

Pixel Attack

Re: Help! : Game Play Frozen?

have you done any tweaks to your bf2 game, like making it run in "high" priority instead of "normal" or anything like that? and why dont you post your specs anyways, just so we can see em please

Comment

Go into your options and set your controls back to default and apply. Then remap any controls as necessary

Comment

Computer Specs

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra (256 MB)
        Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 3.01 GHz
        2.00 GB of RAM
        120 GB hard drive with over 90 GB free.
        Optical Mouse & Standard Keyboard
        5.1 Surround Sound Card
        2 MEG Internet Connection (ADSL)
        Motherboard: Gigabyte (Model: 8IK-1100)

InGame Options

One post recomended me to reset them to defaults but that didnt work, I didnt try this at first because I assumed it would reset them to default after I had uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it shortly after. Eitherway, altering the settings to default, high, medium or low does not work and the problem still remains,

Any additional help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Pixel Attack.

Comment

take that pic i attached and put it in place of the one you have cuz the one you posted is 1.37MB the one i posted is 55KB much smaller and much much less load time.

on topic:

make sure nothing in the backround is taking up resources and a defrag/cleaning of system junk would prolly help also. or it could just be an unstability in your system.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelAttack

InGame Options

One post recomended me to reset them to defaults but that didnt work, I didnt try this at first because I assumed it would reset them to default after I had uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it shortly after. Eitherway, altering the settings to default, high, medium or low does not work and the problem still remains,

Any additional help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Pixel Attack.

When I said reset to default, I meant the control options (I.E Keyboard and mouse), not the graphics options. I had this same problem and it was due to a game crash which wiped all the key bindings, resetting to default solved the problem

Comment

Working...
            X