Interesting Question !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Question !

Here is something to vote on. I asked myself that question as soon as BF2142 hit the scene.

Thank you 4 your vote !

Re: Interesting Question !

yea, i will get it. Not because its just sci-fi, but because it looks like its going to be a great game. Now, this doesn't mean i'm giving up on vanilla, i'll just have another game to distract me.

Comment

Sorry, this is just another way for ea to milk us for a few extra bucks. It's the same engine, the same (basic) units, some blue laser thingy's, and a pricetag of 50 bucks. I'm tired of these stupid unlocks that punish people who don't have the time to play for 150+ hours just to get on a level playing field. I'm tired of all the bugs, the endless patching that causes more bugs, and the fact that once bf2142 comes out this game will cease to be supported. The second et:qw comes out I'm jumping ship and going to play a game (hopefully) won't make me want to destroy my computer in a blind rage. Now don't get me wrong, I loved bf2, but it's just not worth it for me to keep investing in the next one when this one was so half-assed to begin with.

Now I'm not trying to flame ea, dice or anyone else, I'm just voicing my opinion.

Comment

I'd only be interested if Quake Wars is a complete dissapointment and only then if the demo played twice as good as BF2.

Comment

I'll DL the demo and go from there.

Comment

Provided there's still people playing BF2 and plenty of servers to choose from, I'll still be playing this game. If everyone migrates to BF2142, then I may just have to follow, but so far the game doesn't appeal to me much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
              Sorry, this is just another way for ea to milk us for a few extra bucks. It's the same engine, the same (basic) units, some blue laser thingy's, and a pricetag of 50 bucks. I'm tired of these stupid unlocks that punish people who don't have the time to play for 150+ hours just to get on a level playing field. I'm tired of all the bugs, the endless patching that causes more bugs, and the fact that once bf2142 comes out this game will cease to be supported. The second et:qw comes out I'm jumping ship and going to play a game (hopefully) won't make me want to destroy my computer in a blind rage. Now don't get me wrong, I loved bf2, but it's just not worth it for me to keep investing in the next one when this one was so half-assed to begin with.

Now I'm not trying to flame ea, dice or anyone else, I'm just voicing my opinion.
              Damn straight. I'm just sick of the constant bugs this game has, and how the game seems to not like many things and end up crashing constantly, and also how load times significantly can be a pain for many people. I'm a huge Bf2 fan, from 1942 till now, but I'm still willing to try the demo.

Other than that, I've had enough on how every addition seems to be marketed whilst other games offer free content.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadistic_1
                Provided there's still people playing BF2 and plenty of servers to choose from, I'll still be playing this game. If everyone migrates to BF2142, then I may just have to follow, but so far the game doesn't appeal to me much.
                Agreed. It would have to be exceptionally better than BF2 to warrant receiving my money for.

If its BF2 with different skins, maps, and one or 2 new features, I'm extremely not interested. Well, maybe if it was $10.

Comment

Bugs arent bothering me half as much. They are a part of a game, so to speak. What bothers me is the lack of new maps, probably the only interesting maps for me are Kubra and Karkand to a lesser extent. And thats pretty much it.

Comment

No thank you, ET:QW for me.

Comment

Not getting it. While BF2 had its cool moments, the constant and aggregating bugs and the whining/nerfing-to-suit-your-playing-style are not things I want to relive again. Not to mention the fact that they charge money for content that other companies would gladly release for free.

I'm probably going to get the HL2 expansions and stick with Valve games when I'm done playing vanilla/SF/EF/AF.

Comment

Originally posted by smythBSD
                        I'm probably going to get the HL2 expansions and stick with Valve games when I'm done playing vanilla/SF/EF/AF.
                        just as soon as you get one more rank....

Comment

if i play the demo and i like it then maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef

u couldnt agree more with you

Comment

Not sure.
                              Exactly. America's Army is 100% free, and I've had it crash ZERO TIMES. BF2 was $50 (plus $30 for SF [I didn't buy EF, but EF/AF is probably going to be ~$20-50 more]), and it's crashed SO MUCH.
                              We had to get a new graphics card (~$300+), because, for some reason, only nVIDA cards work. I wonder why.

Unless 2142 is pretty much perfect, NO. Here's to hoping.

Comment

Working...
                              X