Playing maps to earn 'free' unlocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing maps to earn 'free' unlocks?

I did a little bit of searching, and couldn't find an answer. So I'll just ask this:

I've seen people saying 'If you play some rounds on SF maps, you get 2 free unlocks' and stuff like that. Is this true, or not?
    And if so what are the requirements for 'some rounds'?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Playing maps to earn 'free' unlocks?

Have the game(sf) and just play it, its fun

Comment

play 1 round of an sf map/server and score atleast a point and you will unlock the sf unlocks in bf2 along with 2 free unlocks right away

Comment

Originally posted by tw33k2514
        play 1 round of an sf map/server and score atleast a point and you will unlock the sf unlocks in bf2 along with 2 free unlocks right away
        I don't remember getting 2 free unlocks, though. I'm positive that I only got unlocks for rank advancement.
        BUT, if it matters, my profiles rank was low (~1000+ points).
        And about having fun: I am, I just want the added bonus of 2 unlocks. I paid $30 for SF, so I might as well get all i can out of it.

Comment

I've had SF since I've had BF2 almost, so every time I ranked up I got two unlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Illegal_Carrot
            I don't remember getting 2 free unlocks, though. I'm positive that I only got unlocks for rank advancement.
            BUT, if it matters, my profiles rank was low (~1000+ points).
            And about having fun: I am, I just want the added bonus of 2 unlocks. I paid $30 for SF, so I might as well get all i can out of it.
            weird you should have gotten 2 instent unlocks after reopening bf2 right off the bat. atleast i did . and so did a bunch of my friends

Comment

Originally posted by tw33k2514
              weird you should have gotten 2 instent unlocks after reopening bf2 right off the bat. atleast i did . and so did a bunch of my friends
              A friend of mine had to wait like two days before it registered that he had SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
                A friend of mine had to wait like two days before it registered that he had SF.
                OK, but it's been more than 2 days.. I'll just keep hoping. And I take it my ranks when I installed SF doesn't matter?
                I want my unlocks.. :cry:

Comment

i think u have to be a certain rank

Comment

Heres how it works, depending on your rank you get a certain number of unlocks in vanilla bf2.

For every vanilla bf2 unlock you have, if you play sf and get one point, you get an extra unlock...like I said PER unlock you already have.

So if you have 3 reg unlocks you get 3 extra.

Comment

so does this work in SP?

Comment

Originally posted by too_much_battlefield2
                        so does this work in SP?
                        Everything with unlocks must be done on ranked servers. So if you mean earning unlocks: then you must do so from playing on a ranked server. If you mean using unlocks: you can only normally do so on a ranked server.

Comment

"retroactive" unlocks start at sergeant. So for instance if you had bf2 first and were a sergeant, you would only get one "free unlock" when you played SF. If you are a Staff Sergeant now and buy SF, you will 2 "free unlocks" and so on and so forth. As a gunnery sergeant, you should get 3 "free unlocks" upon playing SF for awhile....These unlocks can be used on tier 2 OR tier 3 unlocks.

Comment

If you install BF2 AND SF at the same time and play at least one round of SF before you rank up then you will get 2 unlocks each time you rank.

Now if you install SF after you ranked up some..play a round of SF then you will be given RETROACTIVE unlocks.

Example you have BF2 only andyou have 3 unlocks(thats 3 rankups) if you install SF and play a round of it...shortly after(about a day or two) you will be given 3 extra unlocks and from that point on you will recieve 2 unlocks per rankup, as opposed to the single unlock with vanilla Bf2.

I hope this helps.

EDIT**
                            Damn, the guy above beat me to it....yeah, what the dude above me said.

Comment

They all summed it up so i am late.lol
                              But yes that is why alot of people have more unlocks. and if ya look at all the stat pages, they have 2 tiers of unlocks for each kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X