Graphics Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Problem.

I started up BF2 today and my account wasnt there so i had to retrieve it and of course had to reset all of my options. Heres my problem: I am missing textures and sometimes when i die all the words go crazy and spin around the screen. I have my settings on medium, except textures and effects on high. 1280x1024 resolution 70hz.

specs
    x800xt
    amd 64 3200
    1024 ram
    newest drivers.
    dx 9
    this never happened to me before. is there a fix?
    screenie... for some reason the ss doesnt show what i see though. some parts of the terrain is black and when i press tab my score is all in weird lettering. i cant play like this. please help me if u can. thanks!

Re: Graphics Problem.

most likely a overheating problem..to check just open your case and put a small little fan on high and see if that makes any problems.

Comment

i just kept changing my settings around and creating a server and then changing them again etc etc. I wound up back at my original settings and i created a server to see and then it worked. Weird stuff.

Comment

Same thing happened to me, it happened when i was changing the resolution of the game, but when i did that my graphics card burnt out. So the same thing may have happened to your, but don't think that just yet, does your graphics card work on other 3D games like HL2,CSS or Doom 3? And what make and version is your card.

Comment

This is one of two things:
          1. This can be caused by improperly installing video drivers.

or

2. That you need to match your in game resolution with your desktop. So if your desktop resolution is 1280x1024@70 and your in game is 1360X1024@85 then yeah you are going to have issues.

Plus i would recommend that you install another 1GB of RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
            2. That you need to match your in game resolution with your desktop. So if your desktop resolution is 1280x1024@70 and your in game is 1360X1024@85 then yeah you are going to have issues.
            hmm, desktop resolution has nothing to do wit the the GFX messing up like that, either heat issues or has not uninstalled previous gfx drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
              hmm, desktop resolution has nothing to do wit the the GFX messing up like that, either heat issues or has not uninstalled previous gfx drivers.
              Get off that crack pipe! desktop resoluton/in game resolution has proven in several other games it can cause problems and yes may cause graphic issues. I would recommend that he uninstall the video drivers that are currently being used. And reinstall the drivers. Use these instructions

Comment

I would get another GB of ram but i dont have the money right now. I did uninstall previous drivers then installed the latest. But now the game works fine after what i said i did above. And yes i was able to play hl2, css, doom 3 while bf2 wasnt working right.

Comment

Working...
                X