Ghost Recon AW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon AW

I just came for playing GRAW. i think is pretty good. all the nice features like seen what your teammates are doing and drone is cool but i am going to stick with bf2 for a while.

Re: Ghost Recon AW

I have to agree with you Sonny, I tried the demo yesterday and I wasen't that impressed. It sure is not a BF2 killer, far from it.

Comment

Why does it have to be a bf2 killer? Cant you just play and enjoy both games? Once they get the bugs fixed and figure out a better dedicated server system, they will have probably equal the numbers of bf2 players. The modding community for the Ghost series has done some nice work in the past and i dont expect anything less from this time around.
      I'm not terribly impressed with the controls but i think the level design is by far superior to bf2. And a big feature that should make bf2 fans happy is there is NO bunny hopping.
      Just give it a little time and give it a try again. Or dont, i dont care what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by wootoow
        Why does it have to be a bf2 killer? Just give it a little time and give it a try again. Or dont, i dont care what you do.
        I am not the one that originally called it a "BF2 Killer" it has been in several media reviews as being refered to as that. I was just giving my personal opinion on what my initial thoughts were on it. After what UBI did to the Rainbow 6 franchise with Lockdown, I am not surprized at not being that impressed with GRAW.

As to you "not caring what I do". Why so bitter?

Comment

Didnt mean to sound bitter, just saying its your choice to play or not. Either way it doesnt affect me whatsoever. As far as UBI is concerned, i agree 100% that lockdown was a failure, but on the other hand, the Ghost franchise hasnt. My only disapointment with that franchise is that they didnt release GR2 for pc. I think that was a huge financial mistake for them and a blow to the ghost community but it was there mistake.
          However, if they dont release a better server package and get the modding tools out quickly, i think they will lose some of there community and i would hate to see that happen. I believe this game can evolve into something much bigger than bf2.

Comment

I downloaded the demo, but could not install it =(

Comment

actually... i have the full version. no the demo

Comment

i played the demo lastnight and it ran really bad on my system, i dont know why, even on a low res and low settings i got really low fps, look at my specs, from what i could play the game seemed alright, it was kinda high tech, it was made well done if your into that type of game, it might be more of a single player then multi game

Comment

Runs perfect on my computer, the game is mostly built for "ATI" Cards. People who use nvidia cards like me will get bad jagged edges, since there not supporting Anti-Aliasing, which is a sudicide mission, if you ask me. (A game without Anti-A; comeon now..). Anyways, I loved the demo; The multiplayer & Singleplayer is kickass, and in may there releaseing a free multiplayer addon.

The graphics are beautiful. Here's A SS from a lan. (Using 6600 on ALL SETTINGS MAXED)

IMO, I would say this does wound BF2 some, but hell, I play alot of games, BF2, MTA (GTA: SA Multitheftauto), FEAR, DOD: S, and tons of other games But my main ones will be (in the next 2 weeks..in order..) GRAW, Armored Fury (BF2), BF2, MTA

Comment

There will definitely be Anti-Aliasing and MUCH higher graphics settings and textures to use in the GRAW retail release. The demo is [as always] highly cut, and is a small preview of the big picture. Expect much more on release.

But I'd have to agree it's a totally different game than BF2, I wouldn't expect people to take a side. GRAW is mainly SP with strategy, BF2 is totally MP action. BF2 players will still be swarming online, maybe with a slight decrease during the first two weeks of GRAW release.

Project Reality 0.3 with HUGE addons is out soon for BF2 - Be there!

Comment

AA is not available. The reason is because of the HDR that the game runs isnt compatable with AA on most Graphic cards. The only card that supports AA+HDR is one of the higher end ATI cards and i cant remember which one it is. I've read a ton about this on the UBI forums and again, there is NO AA.

edit: I just read a post from a GRIN DEV and found out that the high graphics settings and textures will not even show up on the options list unless you have a 512meg video card. However, they can be forced on by editing an xml file.

Comment

LoL, you dont have a 360 dont you ? you cal that beautifull grahpics on that screenshot ? OMFG

graw 360 version is way better in therms of performance and grahpics

but pc has better singleplayer, dunno about multi

i have graw on 360 on HD monitor and demo on 6600 GT

Comment

Working...
                        X