Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate sniper weapon

Anyone else see that show on TLC the other day called "Future Weapons?"
    They had a segment on a sniper rifle called the Barret 107, the M95's newer brother. It's basically the M95, HOWEVER, it is semi-automatic & has a 10 round clip! It's currently being used in the middle east, & a Canadian special forces team has a confirmed kill of over 2,400 meters. That's about a mile & a half for us Americans. Think about that in BF2 terms...lol. The power of the M95 with the SVD's clip size & semi-auto abilty. What, didn't kill the hummer driver with your first shot? No prob., 5 more rounds and just take out the whole hummer. Damn! I want that gun. I'm thinking it would unbalance the gameplay though, so I don't think it would ever make in into the game.

Re: Ultimate sniper weapon

The Barrett M82 in real life is semi auto check out this cool video. It looks very much like the m95....

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/video/

Comment

i havnt seen it, im looking forward to a rerun though!

Comment

Realistically, the m95 should be much more powerful than it is in the game, but it needs to be balanced. If the m95 were to be a one shot kill, then tons of people would be using it. i remember back to the desert combat days where they had the m82 or m95(cant remember which) kits that would spawn and people would wait to pick them up, and then own because they were one shot kills. almost like j10s lol

Comment

Draw distance [killed] Barret 107

Comment

Yeah i watched that show last night, it was @ 10pm Eastern for me, was great.

The M107 was amazing, the guns construction itself is impressive, but then they fire some shots, i was just wowed, haha.

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
            Draw distance [killed] Barret 107
            Thats hilarious, yet true...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Real player blows hard

Comment

the barret 107 sortof looks like the m82 and the m82 i remember from Firearms (hl mod) were pretty innacurate cuz of its power/recoil so they added a bipod for it..and speaking of bipods..tehy really need those in this game for machien guns to make it more accurate

Comment

*sigh* if only we didn't have to balance the game... but at least we don't have to put up with Preadator UAVs.

Comment

i saw it a few nights ago!
                    the barret looks awesome, but the predator, just WOW

Comment

yeah i seen it, i thought it was like a replica of the m95 until they shot it in semi mode! HOLY CRAP, this should be in battlefield with explosive rounds to blow up tanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                        the barret 107 sortof looks like the m82 and the m82 i remember from Firearms (hl mod) were pretty innacurate cuz of its power/recoil so they added a bipod for it..and speaking of bipods..tehy really need those in this game for machien guns to make it more accurate
                        they are there, you are more accurate when prone because the bipod is on the floor :P

Comment

Working...
                        X