Corrupted Memory Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted Memory Error?

Lately it seems everytime I jump in a jet, within the first 5 min I get booted w/ a 'Corrupted File' Error and I have to restart BF2. Is this a hardware problem? Or do I need to reinstall BF2?

Re: Corrupted Memory Error?

I would think a reinstall would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
      Lately it seems everytime I jump in a jet, within the first 5 min I get booted w/ a 'Corrupted File' Error and I have to restart BF2. Is this a hardware problem? Or do I need to reinstall BF2?
      you may need to do some more testing. Try not jumping in a jet for a round. If your PC lasts the whole round, go the next round and get in a jet. If the game crashes. Restart it and just go into a jet. If it is the jet that causes BF2 to crash, I would then reinstall it and repatch it. It doesn't really sound like a H/W issue (yet).

Comment

I have had that once before, and the only way i sorted it was to re-install.

Make sure you delete all your profiles and all the folders left behind aswell!

Might be an idea to clean your registry of BF2 before you re-install aswell, then restart!

BF2>>>SF>>>1.22>>>EF>>>1.22....................<<< << In that order!

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
          you may need to do some more testing. Try not jumping in a jet for a round. If your PC lasts the whole round, go the next round and get in a jet. If the game crashes. Restart it and just go into a jet. If it is the jet that causes BF2 to crash, I would then reinstall it and repatch it. It doesn't really sound like a H/W issue (yet).
          Yeah, I can play infantry/armor no problem. But then I get in a 24/7 Dalian server and try to fly and sometimes I can play, but mostly I get booted.

How would I go about cleaning my registry of BF2?

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
            Yeah, I can play infantry/armor no problem. But then I get in a 24/7 Dalian server and try to fly and sometimes I can play, but mostly I get booted.

How would I go about cleaning my registry of BF2?
            Well, you can find it on EA's support website. I wish I could give you a link, but instead, i'll just bump your thread so that someone else will see it. You may even see if you have the option to do a repair instead of a reinstall. (I don't even know if that's possible.

Edit: Why is it that in your first post, you say it's a Corrupted File error, but the subject of this thread is called "Corrupted Memory Error?" which one is it?

Comment

should be posted in support forum, but i guess you dont get as much attention there if you do post there than here

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                Well, you can find it on EA's support website. I wish I could give you a link, but instead, i'll just bump your thread so that someone else will see it. You may even see if you have the option to do a repair instead of a reinstall. (I don't even know if that's possible.

Edit: Why is it that in your first post, you say it's a Corrupted File error, but the subject of this thread is called "Corrupted Memory Error?" which one is it?
                Oops, umm.. I believe it's 'Corrupted Memory.' If I get it again, I'll be sure to write it down.

I recieved the error again today. I wrote it down this time.

It says the following: "RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [81140]"

I guess I'll have to reinstall. *sigh*

Comment

I have same issue but it is 81301 i think.
                  Clean reg is not for me since I just did complete install of xp and updates.
                  I then installed bf2 and full 1.30 patch.
                  I wonder if it is not a PB prob.
                  I tried updateing punkbuster but still have this issue.
                  Maybe bad pb update.
                  I will watch this to see if you guys solve issue.

Comment

MemTest86 is the original self booting memory testing software for x86 and ARM computers. Supporting both BIOS and UEFI, with options to boot from USB.

Follow the instructions on this page.
                    Burn the files on a CD-R
                    Run the CD and let the tests run until they are completed.
                    You may have corrupted RAM.

And yes, support forum you can get answers there that is why that forum exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                      http://www.memtest86.com/

Follow the instructions on this page.
                      Burn the files on a CD-R
                      Run the CD and lt the tests run until they are completed.
                      You may have corrupter ram.

And yes, support forum you can get answers there that is why that forum exists.
                      99% prediction is you have BAD ram
                      I went thru the issues for months
                      play then crash - no set pattern
                      then did the memtest86
                      tons of errors
                      computer worked fine in all other games
                      any way - new ram - NO MORE corrupted memory issues
                      (BTW _ re-install - no benefit)

Comment

Hi there
                        I bought today that deluxe edition and just went trough that error, corrupted file/memory..

Ran memtest as Revoluti0n said and it was all perfect...the test went big time an no errors..it's kind a sad to buy a game and have this kind of trouble
                        The mems are a kit of 2gb gskill hz

Comment

yeah i get the [81301] kick also with a full clean reinstall of BF2 and install of 1.3 patch after. MemTest shows no errors since my RAMs only a month or two old.

Comment

Believe me I've run MemTest a few times before. First time for over 18 hrs and second time over 12 hrs. Both came back clean as a whistle. I know many have had problems w/ Crucial RAM so I'm thinkin I might get some G Skill or Geil.

Comment

woooow, i'm getting the same error right now, it lets me play perfectly fine, but then just gives me that error......... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [81140]......... its in EVERY server, about 2 minutes into playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X