friend or foe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friend or foe

hell, its so hard (impossible for me) to see if its friend or foe, when i see the 'player-model' itself.
    usually your mates have their name blue above their head... when you have an enemy in range and wait till the red font pops up.... you are already dead.
    it would be ok if ALL ENEMIES would have no names,
    but somehow also my mates DO have NO name above em

any hints | tips | tricks | suggestions?

PS: does not even help if i put up my goggles

greets

Re: friend or foe

once u played a while you will get used to the kits.....or shoot first ask questions later...u will be right more than wrong

Comment

Learn the uniforms the enemy wears and shot on sight!

Friendlies should come up staright away anyhow.

If you stick with your squad and work together, they should always be green, then shoot at people with no names!

The game is so much easier if you stick with a squad and work together! It's more fun aswell!

Comment

true but there are some lone wolfes too

Team Damage
        Kills 1
        Damage 5
        Vehicle Damage 0

some ppl are running straight in front of your AT

and... does not help if someone changes kit (eg when he is out of ammo...)

Comment

hell, its so hard (impossible for me) to see if its friend or foe, when i see the 'player-model' itself.
          usually your mates have their name blue above their head... when you have an enemy in range and wait till the red font pops up.... you are already dead.

greets
          Just learn to recognize uniforms quickly, its not that hard. First off, you should ALWAYS shoot at moving things that DONT have blue above thier heads, unless you look at uniform and its the same as yours then 99.9% of time its red tag bug..

Comment

Agree ^^^

Just look at 'em. After a bit you can tell right away.

Comment

anyone of you got a shotcollection of the uniforms (snipers etc...?)
              lazy me ;D

Comment

Originally posted by lumo

greets
                Heres a tip for you look at your minimap in the top right corner if theres a blue dot there hes friendly if hes an enemy they'll be nothing there unless theres a UAV or someones spotted him.

Note:- you can manual change the view of your minimap by pressing N in game itll cycle between zoomed all the way in the middle and all the way out. If im in armour i have it zommed all the way out otherwise its nearly always set to the middel zoom unless im right in the thick of it and theres a UAV over head on a city map then ill zoom all the way in.

Comment

in short:
                  shoot at anyone who you think looks nasty ie
                  if you are US, shoot any asians or terrorists where they stand
                  china? shoot all the people trying to get on the island on wake
                  how about mec? askif they wanna blow up america, if they say no? shoot em

Comment

Originally posted by lumo
                    anyone of you got a shotcollection of the uniforms (snipers etc...?)
                    lazy me ;D
                    In BFHQ go to kit info. Then switch through all the kits and all the sides. You'll get a view of what each kit looks like for each nationality.

Comment

thanks will check that out

Comment

hey its quite easy
                        did not notice before that
                        US = sand
                        MEC = green
                        CHINA = brown

further the tip with friend and foe on the radar/running direction was good
                        although my team-kills increased to 5
                        (i reanimated my team kills as i am medic *rofl*)

greets

Comment

Adjust the view-length under options -> video on bf2. Adjust down the other settings if u have to. Then names and players show up earlier on ur screen.

If u also adjust the light and shadow settings, u can see shadows of enemies through walls, roofs and the ground. Comes in handy if somebody is in ur building. Can't remember quite what settings that made it, but jus test out stuff :P.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl
                            Adjust the view-length under options -> video on bf2. Adjust down the other settings if u have to. Then names and players show up earlier on ur screen.

If u also adjust the light and shadow settings, u can see shadows of enemies through walls, roofs and the ground. Comes in handy if somebody is in ur building. Can't remember quite what settings that made it, but jus test out stuff :P.
                            I get funny shodows, can work out where the players are some times, I was hopping the next patch would sore it

Comment

Working...
                            X