Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict weapons

Hey guys,

I've seen those stupid pistol and knives only servers around... where they stat pad... Anyways, I just installed a fresh unranked server on my linux box and I was wondering how I can limit weapons to pistols and knives only, so these stupid people can play on my unranked server (long story) instead of cheating stats.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Restrict weapons

Originally posted by [FragMax]genesis
    Hey guys,

I've seen those stupid pistol and knives only servers around... where they stat pad... Anyways, I just installed a fresh unranked server on my linux box and I was wondering how I can limit weapons to pistols and knives only, so these stupid people can play on my unranked server (long story) instead of cheating stats.

Any help is appreciated.
    I don't think there's any way to do it without coding a server side mod. From what I have read at BF2rankedservers.com, it seems like you can use any weapon on these servers as most of the people that report these servers like to grief padders with tanks, apcs etc

Comment

Right, but this server is to give those kids a way to play the game without breaking the rules. hmmm.. maybe i should start looking for a mod that will do this for me

Comment

Right, but this server is to give those kids a way to play the game without breaking the rules. hmmm.. maybe i should start looking for a mod that will do this for me
        They are not there to play and have fun though....

Comment

yeah i know.. it's a long story. Someone that I found on a ranked cheating servers who wouldn't want to believe that he's cheating kind of challenged me to running an unranked server and he'll join, i know he won't but that just proves my point. While I'm at it, I might learn a few new things and hopefully will be able to restrict weapons.

Comment

It's unranked, hence no rules. You state that people are to use pistols and knives only or you kick them. That simple.

Comment

Good luck enforcing the rules once you start drawing a crowd

Comment

lol yeah i'll need luck with enforcing it alright - that is IF i ever get anyone on the server. I do run a 40 man ranked server which has global ranking of top 100 so at least managing it won't be a problem. I guess I'll use this server as a practise server for my team....

Comment

lol yeah i'll need luck with enforcing it alright - that is IF i ever get anyone on the server. I do run a 40 man ranked server which has global ranking of top 100 so at least managing it won't be a problem. I guess I'll use this server as a practise server for my team....
                  would this server be Winnipeg? if so i just want to say how much i love the server . only one i play at these days. Also has great ping and a solid base of good players

----
                  on topic:

believe you just have to kick those who kill with something other than knife/pistol

Comment

Originally posted by tw33k2514
                    would this server be Winnipeg? if so i just want to say how much i love the server . only one i play at these days. Also has great ping and a solid base of good players
                    Wow! It's a small world, I've played with you on the server almost everyday. Thanks a lot for the kind words. I put in good 15 hours a day into the Winnipeg server and it pays off. The server's ranked 78 out of all, keeps good folks like you coming back... and that's all in close to two months into operation.

believe you just have to kick those who kill with something other than knife/pistol
                    It's actually working alright with the unranked pistol only server. It's called "Pistols and Knives Winnipeg", however, I do get the odd ones who don't realize that it's not ranked and upon finding out, simply swear an f word and leave

I just laugh at them.

And the server's actually fun too, TK is off and whenever I feel like goofing around I launch myself with c4 in karkand and reach places that I've never been to.... heh it's fun.

Comment

however, I do get the odd ones who don't realize that it's not ranked and upon finding out, simply swear an f word and leave
                      Hahaha I was just there and there was a guy tearing it up with his pistol, after about 20 or so kills he asked if it was ranked. I say nope, he instantly disconnected.

Comment

lol he's probably one of the nicer ones if he just left without swearing....

Comment

If you were handy at righting python scripts you could code it to give people a number of warnings and then a kick if they are using anything other than say pistol/knife/paddles. Add it to modmanager and you'd be set.

Comment

Working...
                          X