SF and BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF and BF2

To get the Tier 2 unlock, for example the L96A1 (or whatever) sniper. Do you need to buy Special forces and use ur unlock in that game, or can you get this unlock by just having battlefield 2?
    Thanks

Re: SF and BF2

You need SF for tier 3 unlocks (L96A1). M95 is a tier 2 and SVD is a tier 1.

Comment

Just get EF and they are standard weapons!!!!

Comment

so if you get EF you get automatically get all the guns in tthe game?

Comment

Negatory.

Comment

hmm, i got my 1st pair of unlocks , the L85 medic gun and spec ops
            but now when i made sarge today i have only choice of scar L , PKM, jackhammer or g3 , i have SF
            should nt i have choice of more guns like mg36
            and cant i have the chinese support gun ?

Comment

The Chinese support gun is not an unlock, so no, you can't unlock it. You can use it when you're playing as China, but only then.

The reason you don't have a longer list of unlocks to choose from is that you have to get the unlocks for each kit "in order". So, for example, you can't unlock the SCAR-L (second spec ops unlock) until you've unlocked the G36C (first spec ops unlock). Ditto with the G36E (medic second unlock) - you have to get the L85A1 (medic first unlock) first. The reason you can't unlock the MG36 (second support unlock) at the moment is because you haven't got the PKM (first support unlock) yet.

That said, note that the second unlocks for each kit are also "standard" guns for certain armies, meaning that if you play as that army, you can use the gun even though you haven't unlocked it yet. The MG36, for example, is the standard LMG for the SAS support class. The G36E is the standard assault rifle of SAS medics. The SCAR-L is the standard carbine of Navy SEALs spec ops players.

Hope you get the idea.

Comment

no you cant have th mg36 because it is tier 3....the pkm is tier 2

lets talk about tiers...

Tier 1 these are all the weapons you can select in vanilla bf2 when you start a game for the very first time

Tier 2 assume you dont have special forces....when you get unlocks these are tier 2 (pkm,jackhammer, dao, m95,g36c,l85a1)

Tier 3 forget about Euroforces for now...when you buy SF you are getting unlocks for VANILLA BF2 (yes you can use some of them depending on what team you are on in SF because SF weapons are normal weapons in SF) yes there are sum unlocks but generally you can choose the sf weapons.

now once you have played a round of SF and it registers on EA you can now transfer back to vanilla BF2 and use your unlocks...

you get one unlock for vBF2 and one unlock for SF every rank you get

in order to unlock the SF weapons for use in vBF2 you need to unlock teh tier 2 weapon (vBF2 see tier 2 above) before you can unlock the tier 3 weapon for that class

euroforces is kinda like sf in that it has its own normal weapons choices....the european army has the p90 la96a1 and others that are normal to that army (these just so happen to be some of the unlocks for vBF2 BUT you can only use them if you play european (unless you have sf and unlocked both the tier 2 and tier 3 weapon for that class

man that ramble
                enjoy

Comment

thanks variable
                  i have sf for 2 weeks , lol
                  i have medic,spec ops & engineers 1st unlock
                  and just made sarge so i have notice of have 2 more unlocks
                  so i go play some sf now to get the sf guns available

Comment

nice and good luck
                    i hope that ramble didnt confuse you too much

i started to get confused halfway through it myself not on the topic but what i was trying to say!!! ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                      You need SF for tier 3 unlocks (L96A1). M95 is a tier 2 and SVD is a tier 1.
                      whats funny is you cant use the L96A1 in SF.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

That's because you can't access any "tier three" unlocks in SF, signa. If you're playing as an army that has that weapon as a "standard" weapon you can use it, but you can only access the "tier two" weapons as unlocks in SF. Try to take your G36E out to play when you're not the SAS, for example, and it won't let you, even if you've unlocked it...

Comment

I know you cant.

I still prefer the pkm over the MG36.
                          I also like the G36C over the Scar-L but prefer the Scar-H over the G3.
                          "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

I've never used the SCAR-H. Don't play as the SEALs very much... But better than the G3? Really? The G3 is a great gun! The only real problem is that the clip is only 20 rounds...

Comment

Better than the G3? probaby not, it only does 28 damage per shot, compared to the G3's 40 damage. what comes in handy is it has a nice suppressed sound, which doesnt give you position away as much as the G3.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Working...
                              X