Leviathan and Iron gator really need optimising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leviathan and Iron gator really need optimising

Ok i play on a very sub-par computer(to me it is anyway, it meets the minimum requiriements for CPU and GFX card), but play 32 player full servers fine on vanilla and most SF maps with no problem but Iron Gator (on the ship) and Leviathan I suffer terrible frame rates, I know there's alot of poly's to render in such an enclosed space on Iron Gator so I stick to blowing assetts on the MEC island or commander when mec. These 2 maps really need some more optimisation, i have 2 gigs of DDR400 but my GFX card (radeon 9700 AGP) really lets me down and wont be able to afford an upgrade for a while :cry:

ps. warlord pwnz!

Re: Leviathan and Iron gator really need optimising

Originally posted by TriggerSpasm
    Ok i play on a very sub-par computer(to me it is anyway, it meets the minimum requiriements for CPU and GFX card), but play 32 player full servers fine on vanilla and most SF maps with no problem but Iron Gator (on the ship) and Leviathan I suffer terrible frame rates, I know there's alot of poly's to render in such an enclosed space on Iron Gator so I stick to blowing assetts on the MEC island or commander when mec. These 2 maps really need some more optimisation, i have 2 gigs of DDR400 but my GFX card (radeon 9700 AGP) really lets me down and wont be able to afford an upgrade for a while :cry:

ps. warlord pwnz!
    Turn down settings.

Comment

turn texture to medium
      turn off dyanmic shadow and light

you should be able to run on 40-50 fps.

Comment

guys, its all on low with nothing special enabled... 15fps all the way

Comment

All of them run slower in my opinion. However those two maps don't seem to give me any issues. SF does run alot more choppier, then BF2 Vanilla. I mean its not a huge impact for me. It runs fine, I don't notice anything. I notice when fraps is running that in SF it runs about 70-80 and in BF2 Vanilla it hits 90-98. Thats with everything on high, its not noticable for me.

Other then that only complaint I have had is that not to many people play SF, and the helos have a slide show effect sometimes. I haven't seen this in abit since 1.22 patch though. Maybe just gotten lucky or even better they removed it not sure.

Comment

Friend with a 9600 has medium and a decent resolution and pulls it off nicely. Clean up your system.

Comment

Defrag, and update your drivers

Comment

I just bought SPF a couple of weeks ago and finally got it working last night. I''d really like to konw how you get these two maps.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Crabfat121
                  I just bought SPF a couple of weeks ago and finally got it working last night. I''d really like to konw how you get these two maps.

Thanks

These maps are not available in single player.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't have the trouble on Leviathan, but I agree with Iron Gator. Once I get on the carrier, it's a slide show. And thats if I'm lucky to not have BF2 crash.

I've only made it through 2 maps of IG completely. And those weren't fun.

And yes, I know some of you say that it's due to a crappy system, but mine's far from it. I can play every other map perfectly on high everything, but I can't go completely low settings and play a game of IG. If a map switches to Iron Gator, I just leave the server now and find another if I still want to play. Why play if it's not fun? And why bitch about it when apparently, everyone else isn't having the same problems?

A couple of friends from work who also play the game have the same problems with IG.

Comment

Never had a problem with either, random issues but its usually the server.

I do have problems on Warlord - the Compound lags me to no end. It used to be fine but after one of the more recent patches I can't shoot anything since its so jumpey, but then its only at the compound so i avoid it or get away from it as quick as possible.

Comment

I dont have a problem with Leviathan and Iron Gator for the most part. However I do feel that I could get more FPS inside the ship at times.

Comment

Those maps is smooth for me.
                            But WARLORD and NIGHT FLIGHT laggy from the start.......

1GB Ram
                            Nvidia6200 256MB
                            P4 3.20Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by t1337Dude
                              Friend with a 9600 has medium and a decent resolution and pulls it off nicely. Clean up your system.
                              I can play the elder scrolls IV: Oblivion on full, with full view distance and keep an average FPS of 40, whearas most are fcuked on it, I can play GRAW demo on medium with 50fps but BF2 is very badly optimised, I defrag nightly

Comment

Working...
                              X