Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with sound-file modifications.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with sound-file modifications.

Greetings all. I am an aspiring amatuer composer of Industrial, Darkwave, Powernoise, Neo-Classical, and Electro-Metal music.

I am working on some new music that I would like to incorporate into Bf2 - Think "Hanzel und Gretyl" meets the "USMC Marching Band."

However, I do no know how to extract and replace the existing sound files.

I know it's asking for a lot, but could some one please help me?
    I have looked all over, and searched google on how to do this, but have found nothing more than Modeling and Mapping tutorials.

Thanks.

Re: Need help with sound-file modifications.

check the bf2 editor sight, theres a tutorial there.

However, you have to rename your song file to the exact song name you want to replace in BF2. You also have to encode it correctly to an .OGG format.

There are lots fo .OGG codecs out there, but use the "oggifier" package from the ogg vorbis sight. Set the quality level to a -5 (which means quality 5, without the dash before it, it wont work)

Then just place the file into your BF2 folder. Im at work right now, but if you cant find the folder and audio file to replace inside BF2, I will post the location of it later tonight.

Good Luck

Comment

how to code bf2 sounds, doesnt help much for what you are thinking but it might be of some assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys.

Now all I have to do is download it, learn how to use it, encode my music, and seed the proper file.

I wish I would have learned this stuff years ago. I'm an idiot and it will take me forever to learn this stuff.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
        X