X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlocking SF wepons after BF2 promotion

hi all.

heres the problem.
    OK, i have normal bf2, no expansion attached, and it works fine. i get promeoted to seargent, and when i go back to the menu screen, as usual it asks me what wepon unlock i want to choose. im big on sniping, so i wanted to unlock the new sniper rifle i knew was on special forces. so i mow the lawn for mum, do some other chores for granny, rustle up 30 bucks, got down to EB games civic, and buy myself a copy. i go home, install special forces, re-install all the patches, and start up special forces all excited about how its going to come up asking me which special forces wepon i want to unlock..right? WRONG.:cry: It comes up as usual, asking me which normal bf2 wepon i want to unlock, i go into that community tab, and into game mods, start up special forces, it comes up, and still asks me for which normal wepon i want to unlock.

please some one tell me how to unlock the special forces wepons, cause i desperatly want the rifle.

thanks alot in advance.

SnyperKitten.

Re: unlocking SF wepons after BF2 promotion

Don't panic

Allyou need to do is play a few rounds of SF in an SF ranked server.
    Let your stats update then you will be presented the opportunityof unlocking SF weapons for use in BF2 vanilla.

Comment

According to BF2S you'll also need 2500 points+ to get your two 'special' SF unlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by vets.Sarge
        According to BF2S you'll also need 2500 points+ to get your two 'special' SF unlocks.
        'special'? who what where?

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerSpasm
          'special'? who what where?
          errr.. when I installed SF I got two unlocks. Bought BF2 & SF at the same time but it took me 3 weeks to get round to installing it When I did I got 2 unlocks without ranking up...

Or I'm just talking bollocks, But I always thought that you got two unlocks after installing SF...

Comment

news to me matey

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerSpasm
              news to me matey
              'Talking bollocks' it is

Comment

I bought BF2:SF yesterday - played one round, got two awards. The round ended and I started regular BF2 and I am greeted with four unlocks.
                The only bad thing is that now I run BF2 v1.22 and can't access my favorite servers who are using older version...
                Still, if I downgraded to 1.21, I wouldn't be able to use those unlocks right?

-k0nsl

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                  Don't panic

Allyou need to do is play a few rounds of SF in an SF ranked server.
                  Let your stats update then you will be presented the opportunityof unlocking SF weapons for use in BF2 vanilla.
                  ok, thatt sounds easy enough, but errr. what is bf2 vanilla?

pat

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperKitten
                    ok, thatt sounds easy enough, but errr. what is bf2 vanilla?

pat
                    vanilla = original version (the main game, not SF)

Comment

Originally posted by k0nsl
                      Still, if I downgraded to 1.21, I wouldn't be able to use those unlocks right?
                      Na, you'll still be able to use the SF unlocks. (Support for the SF unlocks was first added in the 1.12 patch so every patch since then has support for them)

Comment

Working...
                      X