L96A1 help please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96A1 help please???

Call me a noob if you'd like but i would really like some help with the L96A1 aiming technique. I have no problem aiming with the M24, i get headshots quite often. But with the L96A1 i just can't seem to hit! :wall:

Are you supposed to aim above the head (or below lol). or anything? Please give a poor noob a few tips about how to handle his latest unlock?

Help is very appreciated.

Re: L96A1 help please???

Supposedly you're have to aim 1 pixel higher for each ~200 meters to compensate for bullet drop.

I've been noticing that the best snipers use the M24 instead of the L96A1. There's this guy named =October=, and he uses the M24 instead of the L96A1 all the time. I've seen this guy do 12 headshots in a row!!! He's an amazing shot, all while juking back and forth and bunny hopping out in the open (doesn't even need cover) - he gets like 35 kills/round while sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
      Supposedly you're have to aim 1 pixel higher for each ~200 meters to compensate for bullet drop.

I've been noticing that the best snipers use the M24 instead of the L96A1. There's this guy named =October=, and he uses the M24 instead of the L96A1 all the time. I've seen this guy do 12 headshots in a row!!! He's an amazing shot, all while juking back and forth and bunny hopping out in the open (doesn't even need cover) - he gets like 35 kills/round while sniper.
      lol.I play sniper like any other class. I rarely stay back or purposely hide. I run around and do medium range battle with my sniper rifle and close range with my pistol. I am probably not as good as that October guy, but I bet i'm making some folks REALLY mad in their office chairs.

However, I can't hit SQUAT with the L96A1.. I don't know what the deal is. I will try to spend more time with it, but I usually get frustrated and use one of the default rifles.

Comment

wow, thats awsome, i had no idea that the m24 was so much better ile try using that more often and see what happens to my score. but whas the L96A1 a waste of an unlock, and does anybody think it is still good?

Comment

I only used the Draganov until I got the L96A1. I have no problems with it and I believe its just a personal thing. I get way more hits or kills with it than the M24 and the M24 always gives me away because it is loud so you cant miss once or you are dead.

Comment

I rate the M24 over it aswell, and I hardly even play sniper.

Comment

The M24 and the L96A1 are exactly the same, except for sound and crosshair design. So if you can't hit anything with the L96A1, however you can nail targets with an M24, all I can say is go see a psychologist.

Comment

Well I dont know about all that but anyway use L96A1 to stay concealed or use the M95 to knock em over below the head. It's still all a personal preference.

Comment

I prefer the L96A1 to any other sniper rifle in the game. It has the same feel to it that the M24 has, but is more discrete. Everytime you fire that M24 it feels like you yelled "shoot me, I'm over here".

Chinese rifle, too weak.
                  MEC rifle, too weak. Worthless crosshair.
                  M95, slow and bad crosshair. Loud, draws attention.
                  M24, too highpitched sound. Loud, draws attention.

To get back on topic. You really don't need to aim much higher than your target. I often just put the center about one pixel over the head if it's a long range shot. It assures you atleast an assist.

Comment

doesnt it also matter if you hit the helmet or not?

Somebody told me that if you hit them in the exposed face it kills them but if you hit the kevlar helmet it stands a chance of not killing them... *shrug*

Im a couple hundred points from my next two unlocks and Im getting the G3 and something else.....Im tied up between DAO, L96A1 and MG36...

Comment

Helmet does not matter afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                        Helmet does not matter afaik.
                        Good to know, thanks...

So, I'll prolly take the G3 and the L96A1 at Staff-Sargeant..... I guess.....

Comment

Originally posted by newiq
                          I prefer the L96A1 to any other sniper rifle in the game. It has the same feel to it that the M24 has, but is more discrete. Everytime you fire that M24 it feels like you yelled "shoot me, I'm over here".

Chinese rifle, too weak.
                          MEC rifle, too weak. Worthless crosshair.
                          M95, slow and bad crosshair. Loud, draws attention.
                          M24, too highpitched sound. Loud, draws attention.

To get back on topic. You really don't need to aim much higher than your target. I often just put the center about one pixel over the head if it's a long range shot. It assures you atleast an assist.
                          Totally agree! M24 is also a good riffle but it's a bit louder than the L96a1.

Aim for the head, that's it!

Comment

The L9 is a little bit more accurate than the M24.

But the x-hair is finer, It took me a while to get used to it but now i can pretty much call my head shots.

Comment

Originally posted by fzuazo

But the x-hair is finer, It took me a while to get used to it but now i can pretty much call my head shots.
                              yeah, maybe that's my problem. I just didn't seem to hit stuff like I could with the M24 or other default rifles. And also, I probably didn't play with it long enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X