Bomber co-pilot tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber co-pilot tip

If you are in a bomber as the co-pilot, and you hit F11 (whatever gives you the 'free' view from inside the cockpit, F10?), you can see about 270-degrees around you.

And, while in this view, you can still do the commo rose.

So, if another jet is harassing you, or you pilot is trying to shoot down another jet, and you aren't going to be getting any of those little "You've got a lock!" messages for a while, hit F11 and start spotting the other jet for the pilot!

It is so nice as a pilot to know which way the jet is breaking or when he tries to double back by just looking up at the minimap and seeing his profile in red. It's even nicer when the other jet is on your tail, and you can see him break off to reload, and you don't waste time in 'evade mode' just cause you can't see him behind you

Also, as a tip, you can hold the 'q' key down with the circle up on the screen, then click when the jet passes through the circle. It's better than spamming 10 times and finally hitting the jet once or twice as you work on it.

After a while, I've gotten pretty good at visually 'knowing' where the center of the screen is and I hit 'spotted' about 50% of the time now.

Anyway, if you can't be getting kills yourself, either help your pilot get a few, or prevent the other pilot from getting a few!

Re: Bomber co-pilot tip

uhh..Which view are you talking about? It's still quite vague. The only free view from within the cockpit, is the default F9 view. You can hit CNTRL and pan around inside the cockpit/outside the canopy as you described.

Comment

I guess for the bomber, it is the F9 view. I generally keep it in missile mode though to watch for boxes (and think of any other view as needing an F10/F11 key .

You don't have to hit ctrl. Just move the mouse as if you are a chopper co-pilot.

Comment

Yea spotting an enemy plane when avoiding or dogfighting is useful. Thats why I made a macro on my joystick for it. Just one click when im aimed and him and I know exactly where he is and going.

You only use CTRL when you are piloting.

Comment

How did you make the macro? I've played with joy2key (or something like that) but it took more than 1 key to spot.

Comment

Whoops, Yea, I was talking about the cockpit view in general.

Comment

If your a gunner in a chopper you can do the same thing, though staying on the cannon and looking and shooting side to side is good too. but in particular when your going back for repairs, as a gunner I'll look behind, to see if a plane or chopper is following us.

Good tips I hope people will use them, though with any multi person vehicle it's best if both players have voice and are interesting in more then kills.

On the rare occasion that I do bombedier, I also try to make sure the pilot dosen't bomb areas that have freindly infantry around it, or perhaps beside a enemy vehicle. Its better if your checking the map then the pilot checking their minimap and trying to fly.

Comment

f12 pwns

(did i just say pwn?)

Comment

When I'm piloting I spot the plane I'm chasing before engaging him, that way I can know where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    When I'm piloting I spot the plane I'm chasing before engaging him, that way I can know where he is.
                    So when you actually spot the flying target, how long does it stay on your mini-map, and does it actually show its position as it moves along?

Comment

Originally posted by exho
                      Yea spotting an enemy plane when avoiding or dogfighting is useful. Thats why I made a macro on my joystick for it. Just one click when im aimed and him and I know exactly where he is and going.

You only use CTRL when you are piloting.
                      I would love to know this macro.

Comment

geting back to the " i have lock"in the 1st post , whats the point if it the pilot cant hear you!!! you are talking to your self. i think there should be better voice emots in thispart of the game.......

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                          So when you actually spot the flying target, how long does it stay on your mini-map, and does it actually show its position as it moves along?
                          I bound the ctrl to one of my buttons on the jostick and the fire button is bound to the mouse 1, so I just hold down that button and fire to spot him, it stays for a bit, not much, I sometimes have to update it, but it's really useful, the icon moves around, shows where he is heading on the X and the Y axis, but not on the Z axis.

Comment

Working...
                          X