Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High settings

My system is a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz, 2.00GB RAM
    Geforce 6800GT 256 MB, I have a cable connection(Road Runner)
    I feel I should be able to run my settings on high since I meet the Rec Req
    yet Im still lagging bad at times any ideas why? Also is there a way to make the game scan for the best settings?

Re: High settings

well. by lag, do you mean the ping? like server lag, or framerate lag, like performance wise?

Comment

You shuld come pretty close to high, your video card is the only thing holding you back.

The reccomended steeings are set when you install the game, but those aren't necessarily the best settings for you rig.

Comment

To tell you the truth don't worry about running the game on its highest settings. I put all my settings on the medium setting and it works perfectly. There is not really much difference anyway. My video card is not even close to as good as yours but my system works fine.

My System Specs - Intel P4 3.00Ghz, 1 GB PC 3200 Ram, 128 MB ATI X300 video card.

Comment

I have great ping on servers I go in of 45-50, but on some I have as low as 15. It's more of a performance issue FPS. When to much is going on around me. I find when im aalone in an area with not much going on im fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirorange
            To tell you the truth don't worry about running the game on its highest settings. I put all my settings on the medium setting and it works perfectly. There is not really much difference anyway. My video card is not even close to as good as yours but my system works fine.

My System Specs - Intel P4 3.00Ghz, 1 GB PC 3200 Ram, 128 MB ATI X300 video card.
            and thats what makes me go friggen insane! i have the same processor as your, more ram than you (however it is slower), anda better video card, and you can still play on higher settings than me

Comment

try tweaking ur system a lil bit for performance
              http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html is a good site

Comment

I get good performance on my machine unless its a 64 player map, where 16 guys and a tank are at the same flag( centre flag of Shaqri springs to mind ), where it will go down to 15-23 FPS. but 90% of the time i get 35-45( goes up to 73 in places, and 28 would be the min ), i have the following setup:
                Dell 4600( crap i know )
                P4 2.4Ghz, FSB @ 533
                2 Gig PC 3200 DDR Ram
                Radeon X850 Pro( OC's to XT, i.e. 16 pipelines open and 520 GPU/600Mem )
                Create X-Fi Xtreme
                40 & 160 ATA HD's
                And the following in game settings:
                GFX - All on high, except textures and dynamic lighting set to medium
                Sound - Ultra High
                Try disabling all your firewalls etc when running, this could cause your ping to be low but may affect ingame performance.
                Also, it could be having high textures( too mcuh mem transfer to card for textures ), i set this to medium as the difference is barely noticable if you have high AA

Comment

Working...
                X