CD Key Changer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Key Changer?

I searched the forum but all I found was and old post about this, did anyone ever find out how to change cd keys with the new patches where they are encrypted in the registry? I installed my game on my friends laptop to see if it would play, and it did, so we went and bought it for his laptop and we really REALLY don't want to reinstall the game lol... if anyone knows anything let me know. If not, I guess we'll have to suck it up and reinstall. (1.21 patch takes FOREVER)

Re: CD Key Changer?

Just reinstall and take that precious 10 min out of your life, and while its installing you could donate to a chairty, or clean your room, do your homework, recycle, and the list goes on. So basically if you reinstall you make the world a better place, so just do it.

Comment

Installing the 1.21 patch takes a good 30 mins. GG

Comment

the answer is on this very forum somewhere, maybe in one of the stickies. you go into the registry and add it.

Comment

The method of going into the registry was changed in one of the patches and all the keys are encrypted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelman56
            The method of going into the registry was changed in one of the patches and all the keys are encrypted.
            worked for me even tho it was encrypted, i logged into another profile by accident and bf2 gave a key error, followed the guide here and changed both bf2 and special forces keys.
            bf2 just re-enrcrypts them!

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
              worked for me even tho it was encrypted, i logged into another profile by accident and bf2 gave a key error, followed the guide here and changed both bf2 and special forces keys.
              bf2 just re-enrcrypts them!
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelman56
                Installing the 1.21 patch takes a good 30 mins. GG
                God forbid you use half an hour of your life installing a patch.

Comment

took me over an hour to install patch.
                  Worst hour of my life.

Comment

Try EA Games\Battlefield 2\Support\Battlefield 2_code.exe... Type in your cd key, and update.

Comment

In your case, there's no need to reinstall or do anything because both of you can play BF2 at the SAME time provided it's on a DIFFERENT servers. Even if you switch servers it won't have any problem.

I have an internet cafe with 50 pc's and all installs are cloaned from one mother disk (imagine installing individual licence software on EACH pc, it would take forever!). Everybody can play BF2 but unfortunately on different servers at the same time. One advantage though is no stat padders abuse on BF2 in my place!

Comment

Working...
                      X