Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you sacrifice yourself in favour of the good being of your team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you sacrifice yourself in favour of the good being of your team?

The reason I brought up this discussion is because today I have had some very special experience in the battlefield. Yes, if you recall I will be temporarily off from the Internet in just a little less than 6 hours and I wish when I come back there will be a screenful of discussion about this topic.

I was fighting in Alienware's server, by the way it is a very good server hosting Warlord of SF. The round just started and I was on the Insurgent side this time round. One would naturally repsawn at the Plaza. Upon respawn, I was standing at the West side to the flag near the building where a Civilian Pick-up Truck was always there remember? Then I saw a British tank emerging from the edge of the perimeter on my 2 O'clock. I was Assault and naturally quite prepared to dodge. Out of sheer instinct, I turned around and ran up North then turned right thinking that the tank should be travelling in parallel direction and by the time I reached the arch where you can see the flag straight through, I heard the tank's engine sound on my right hand side. Of course, it was not in sight or I were dead. I thought despite I had no rockete launcher to kill it, some one should have had one. I thought I shall leave the job to my other teammates. But then should I do nothing, NO! I check my kit, I have the flashbang, so I thought if I could blind him, then it would definitely be easier for my team to kill him fast. So right out of my pocket, I dropped a flashbang just next to the flag. Then I turned around 180 degree and dashed. Not long before I heard a big BANG! I ran back to the flag, the tank was all meshed up. So prove my strategy on the spot being correct.

But I didn't have a kill assist, you know. Well I don't really care about it. What I wanted was to kill the tank and someone did that for me thank you. Later in the game I used the same tactics and I think I had some more adversaries killed because of my flashbang.

Shortly before the round was over, I was awarded the Purple Heart!! This is the 2nd one I was awarded. My last one was awarded on 25 March 2006Oh I like Battlefield Special Force. It is such a wonderful day today.

Re: Would you sacrifice yourself in favour of the good being of your team?

Many people are happy to blow themselves up with C4 for the team, crash suicide jeeps, yadda yadda.

Comment

given that the team isn't totally retarded then i have no qualms sacrificing myself for the team...what you did was a good start, unfortunately i've been on many many teams that wouldn't have done anything about it...i think that's why i only really enjoy playing when with clanmates...

Comment

I've taken one for the team many times when I play AT. Playing karkand this morning, my squad and I were heading towards suburb. I was faced with a tank and an acp. Being the only AT in my squad (doh) I told them I'd distract them and try and kill them. I ran forward knowing I was going to die but it was worth a try anyways. I ran straight for the TOW and quickly took out the APC cause its more of an infantry killer. With 1/2 my health gone, I bunny hopped like mad and hid behind the main building at suburb. Going from one side to the other in no particular patter, I popped 2 AT rockets in his treds. With only a few bars left, i went balls to the wall and took out of the tank, dieing and being killed.

It was worth it, not to mention the two kills, but my squad quickly took suburb and moved on, as I spawned on them...good times on kirkland

Comment

I wonder if proning on grenades would save everyone around you...

Comment

Doesn't work. The amount of times I had that crazy idea....

Comment

I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more time doing things for the team than for my score
              eg
              hiding as sniper watching the river in Karkand
              no way to kill - but inform all what armor is driving which way
              plays a BIG role in our wins on Karkand
              or hiding and reporting when certain vehicles are empty and then team mate will come and steal it
              even pec that sepnd many minutes to get just 1 point for blowing up assets
              are doing mroe for team than themselves
              as ALL our clan feels this way - team score 1st
              we tend to win 98% of our games
              (as long as we have at least 5 of us there)
              no flames - not bragging - just saying TEAMWORK rocks
              many times when we might have all 4 jets
              (ie stole 2)
              if we start to bleed tickets
              even the pilots will start to bail out to join the ground troops to get flags

Comment

Working...
              X