Admin Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Mode

I was just yappin with a buddy about how baddly BF2 needs an admint mode 'n thought I'd bounce the concept off you folks just for fun.

Basicly, what's needed is a way for an admin to log onto his server (via password) and get some extended spectator functionality. He should be able to free-cam, zoom to/follow players, and have access to warn/kick/ban functions. He should also have a full map with all players shown.

Ideally, someone logged in as an admin also wouldn't take up a player slot. There'd be 2 to 4 extra dedicated slots purely for admining.

Yes, the system could be abused by some less than stellar admins, but overall I think the impact would be a huge positive.

If we're gonna yap about things we'd like ta see patched in... well, whatcha think of this one?

Re: Admin Mode

Thats a good idea. I've been kicked off a server and banned accidentally because bad info was given to the admin. Luckily I was proven innocent!

This would be great for finding all the padders and dumbass TKers.

Comment

Ahh I sooooo desperately want this. Basically the idea I had was that admin could enter a password and go into freecam mode. This would be much better than chase cam and you could quickly get to any area of the map, view a larger group of people, so multiple stat padders/griefers etc.

Basically it needs to be a bit like BR where you can change from freecam to chase view and vice versa. We have seriously be considering enabling freecam jus to help us in admining but not sure on what impact that is going to have on the games with players being able to tell where an opponent killed them from.

Comment

Good idea but it will never happen. This is ea/dice we're talking about.

Comment

So you mean its like: They are in the server but it doesn't show there name in the scoreboard kinda thing?

Comment

Working...
          X