ADSL vs Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADSL vs Cable

Why waste money on putting OF to your house when ADSL2 is 24/10Mbps?? AND it runs over a normal phone cable...

Comment

you guys know that he's from brazil right? there is no point in saying to him to get comcast or BellSouth... btw... i use DSL, get pings usually below 60, even from West Coast(i live east). + usual dl speeds around.. = 500kbs

Comment

I like the flow of OC192

Single channel ISDN - 64kbps
        Basic Rate ISDN - 128kbps
        DSL 768kbps

T1 - 1.5Mbps
        T3 - 45Mbps
        E1 - 2Mbps
        E3 - 34Mbps

ADSL - ~8Mbps
        Cable - ~30Mbps

Ethernet - 10Mbps
        Fast Ethernet - 100Mbps
        STM1 (OC-3 for the americans) 155Mbps
        STM4 (OC-12) 622Mbps
        Gigabit Ethernet - 1000Mbps.
        STM16 (OC-48) 2488Mbps
        STM64 (OC-192) 9.6Gbps

Now as for the Fiber running around if you want the good stuff try Verizon Fios 30MB Download with 5MB upload or comcast at 16MB download 2MB Upload.

For example if your internet service provider does not have OC192-OC48 then they are a reseller and offer you T1 Lines or T3 so the best thing to do would find out who is selling them internet and by it straight from the real ISP.

A good one would be savantnetworks.com, verizon.com, theplanet.com, comcast.com, serverbeach.com, or my favorite www.sagonet.com

To find out your connection to a server do a traceroute to the server or use HLSW to do it for you as it shows nice graphs to let you know your ping too.

If your provider doesn't have OC-48 or above don't mess with them unless they are listed as an official reseller on the main provider's webpage and have good reviews. Because when your gaming and you start getting drops in your internet it won't fell really good at all.

Comment

Working...
        X