My hunch was right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hunch was right

I believe somebody else said something about this ,but since about 3 weeks ago seems like the gameplay play change.Well I was looking at the HACKERS SITE and saw the hack program was delivered to scum sucking maggots of people at the end of March. which makes it about 3 weeks when gameplay changed for the worse.

How hard is it for a anti-hack program to check what programs are running in the background?

Re: My hunch was right

It's not as easy as you'd think.

They have to know what to check for.
    I'll bet you've got a bunch of odd stuff runing in the background right now. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and check out your prosesses. How is PB supposed to know the difference between a cheat app and that new freeware media player you just DLed? Or your firewall? Or your drivers for some funky peice of little known gaming hardware?

It's not like the hackers lable their prosesses "BF2 Cheat App".

What's worse is you can code those apps to change names every time they're run. They can duplicate known legit app names too.

Makes it harder, eh?

What they have to do is get ahold of the code and back engineer it. Figure out how it sits in memory, then how to scan your memory to see if it's there. Meanwhile, if it takes too long to do the cheak, the players spaz.

The good news is that those cheat sites are riddled with Even Balance moles. They set up their own accounts and buy the apps as they come out. It's never too long before they've got something to work with. The 3 week periode you mention sounds about right to me. There's been a bit of a lid on this thing... but that doesn't know most of us didn't know it was gong on.

The main thing to do as a player is to just wait for it to pass. Don't let the cheaters freak you out. It's still just a game and it's still just about having fun. Owning cheaters is fun in it's own way.

Comment

Working...
    X