Ranks Are Meaningless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks Are Meaningless

Why? Because with all the cheating and jet whoring, and stat padding going on, people pile up points like crazy and rise through the "ranks" very quickly.

I see them all the time on the deck of the carrier or at the hangars wounding each other and healing/resupplying each other while they wait for aircraft to respawn.

So, when I see someone who has a rank of colonel or major, I tend to think of them as stat padders, hackers, or cheaters.

There's reason they call it rank - it stinks. Eliminate the above and the ranks will be meaningful.

Re: Ranks Are Meaningless

uhm... yeah... some people aren't padders.... and they just play 12 hours a day.

Comment

You are right. But then, why do you care about others so much? The game give you all these features like rank, medals, awards and ribbons. It's about how you make of them. As long as you play honestly, you get your rank and award. Other people rank does not affect your way of life or career in the game, so why would you bother so mucj?

Don't worry so much. Just play the game.

Comment

Some of us are lucky enough to be able to devote a lot of time to this game. We may move up quickly, but hell man we play so much that's to be expected. I play about 5 hours a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil
          Why? Because with all the cheating and jet whoring, and stat padding going on, people pile up points like crazy and rise through the "ranks" very quickly.

I see them all the time on the deck of the carrier or at the hangars wounding each other and healing/resupplying each other while they wait for aircraft to respawn.

So, when I see someone who has a rank of colonel or major, I tend to think of them as stat padders, hackers, or cheaters.

There's reason they call it rank - it stinks. Eliminate the above and the ranks will be meaningful.
          Don't give up hope man... they're not all like that. I'm not- and yes, I'm only a staff sargeant- but I would say; THAT means nothing because it's not my rank that matters, but how I play.

Hey man, do this- join a good clan that has policies against this. A clan that supports honorable and sportsmanlike play.

Not all high-ranking people are padders, I'm sure most if not some of them got there by every legitimate means.

Comment

Ranks do suck so from now on play unranked or mods, nations at war is good, you should try it...lots of fun

Comment

Originally posted by xpnl
              Ranks do suck so from now on play unranked or mods, nations at war is good, you should try it...lots of fun
              nations at war has too many problems for it to be fun.... there are so many issues here and there. that mod was rushed way too fast.

Comment

I don't care about my rank anyway. Its nice to be able to look at your stats, and unlock weapons, but I don't really care about rank. I just play the game.

Alot of people do care about their rank obviously they cheat, and stat pad as you say. I don't understand what being a plane whore is. Playing Bf2 and having a favorite vehicle is part of what the bf series was all about. I like infantry battles at the same time I love to fly helos. Its my favorite vehicle. How can you be a whore if your good flying, and helping your team? If a plane is killing people they are help their team.
                Its better then those commanders who just drop artillary anywhere and everywhere. Atleast planes and helos are taking out armor and other enemy helos. Apart of every battle is which person is the best. If your team doesn't have a good pilot that can get in the helo and take out the other helo then thats not anyones fault. Its just like the other team not being able to hold the flags from the other teams. Same concept.. its whose better, and which team is playing smarter, (or cheaper in some cases).

Needless to say I don't see this "omg a chopper whore" thing, and I find it funny when someone says that. Stat padding, exploiting, and cheater are totally different things however.

Comment

I would suggest you go play Special Force. The player there are more co-ordinated and squad friendly. I am Staff Sergeant now, I am not hoping for advancing to the next rank. Rather, I will just concentrate on playing the game and improving my stealth and aiming skills.

I have a dream that there will be some good pilot, who would fly out the Black Hawk and I take up the sniper role in the air. That would be very cool don't you think? Have you watched the opening BF2 video? It helps to remind you what to play and how to play properly somehow.

Comment

Good luck getting to play commander on a busy server if you think ranks are meaningless. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by BF2Freak
                      I have a dream that there will be some good pilot, who would fly out the Black Hawk and I take up the sniper role in the air.
                      This could probably go in the "You know you've been playing BF2 too much when..." section.

Oh, look man- I'm sure if you can find a decent friend to play with- start up a squad and live out your fantasy... I'm quite sure it's relatively easy to do... but just so you know- you're probably thinking about what you see in the movies and etc... this is battlefield... where there will probably be a lot of people shooting at the blackhawk at the same time... so I doubt you can live out the fantasy for too long since there's nothing more obvious than a sniper and pilot in a big black/grey thing in the sky, than a sniper in some bushes on a hill... other than that, the blackhawk has a minigun already- you probably don't really need the sniper anymore.

Comment

**** them. I'm proud of my stats - because I achieved them by playing fair and learing. I was crap at the begining, now I'm better... and still getting better. And I am proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
                          **** them. I'm proud of my stats - because I achieved them by playing fair and learing. I was crap at the begining, now I'm better... and still getting better. And I am proud.
                          Amen Brother

Comment

You know who I worry about?

Me, Myself, and I.

If I know that I'm playing legit and rising through the ranks (however slow it may be) and I'm learning how to better play this game so that I more enjoy my limited time on it, then what do I care if 4,395 idiots on stat padding pistol/knife servers rack up Colonel ranks in a month? I dont...

Not caring what idiots do, in all areas of life, is the key to contentment...

Comment

I'm a SGT Major soon to be a second lietenant and ive never once stat padded the game has been out nearly a year you know so some people are going to be a high rank.

@Red Devil

Comment

Working...
                              X