Future Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Weapons

First episode of Future Weapons is on Discovery Channel now. Really excited about this show. I wonder if any of these will make an appearence in the 2142 game...or some derivative thereof

Re: Future Weapons

shouldn't this go in "off-topic"?

anywhoo - i'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
      shouldn't this go in "off-topic"?

anywhoo - i'll check it out.
      Honestly, I thought it might. I tried to relate it because it would be interesting to see for example the "Corner gun" that pivots half way through letting you shoot around a corner by viewing through a camera on the gun. It only has a pistol round associated to it so if it were implimented into 2142 they would be able to balance it since it would only have pistol strength. I hope they actually intend to study future technology to determine what it would be like at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by dBs
        First episode of Future Weapons is on Discovery Channel now. Really excited about this show. I wonder if any of these will make an appearence in the 2142 game...or some derivative thereof
        Sort of 'Off-Topic' but on topic at the same time , Know what? BF2145 will probably take some things from RL developments in our world, I wouldn't be surprised if they have laser weapons and such. EMP, ECM etc... are all real things we know of, but will probably used to its maximum potential in the game.

Most other computer games have such concepts already- i.e: rail-guns (potential sniper rifles, and tank cannons), thermo-vision(for the snipers and spec-ops), personal cloaking devices (snipers and spec-ops once again), automated turret emplacements (engineers), nano-technologies (medics)... you name it. Ah... and smart-bombs that only take out the driver/pilot of a vehicle/aircraft so you can steal it (assault?)

Since they've already mentioned mechs and such, I think we already know where it's all going.

Comment

well i hope the Xm8 weapons will be on the show

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
            Sort of 'Off-Topic' but on topic at the same time , Know what? BF2145 will probably take some things from RL developments in our world, I wouldn't be surprised if they have laser weapons and such. EMP, ECM etc... are all real things we know of, but will probably used to its maximum potential in the game.

Most other computer games have such concepts already- i.e: rail-guns (potential sniper rifles, and tank cannons), thermo-vision(for the snipers and spec-ops), personal cloaking devices (snipers and spec-ops once again), automated turret emplacements (engineers), nano-technologies (medics)... you name it. Ah... and smart-bombs that only take out the driver/pilot of a vehicle/aircraft so you can steal it (assault?)

Since they've already mentioned mechs and such, I think we already know where it's all going.
            Yea, I just hope they dont go overboard with how outlandish it is. Thats why I really hope they try to focus on real world weaponry thats been concieved for future use. Again I hope it doesnt turn out to be the exact same thing we have now just with "lazers" and other futuristic implimentations of the exact same weapons the game has now.

Comment

Originally posted by CommandoSteel
              well i hope the Xm8 weapons will be on the show
              No idea what that is- sounds interesting, but no idea. It's like me saying: "OMG!!! I hope they have the AXC300-TB5! SOB!!!"

Originally posted by dBs
              Honestly, I thought it might. I tried to relate it because it would be interesting to see for example the "Corner gun" that pivots half way through letting you shoot around a corner by viewing through a camera on the gun. It only has a pistol round associated to it so if it were implimented into 2142 they would be able to balance it since it would only have pistol strength. I hope they actually intend to study future technology to determine what it would be like at that point.
              Yeah, it will probably be a little bit like the weapons on F.E.A.R then, except a little more just to keep a wider genre interested as well.

Come to think of it- I expect that the HUD display and functions in BF2145 would be very very interesting. If they design it really well, I'd play it anytime.

Comment

Wow, they just showed that corner shot gun is capable of mouning an M203. Just imagine the GL whores then...LOL!!! :laugh: I dont think theyll be including that into 2142.

Actually, now that I think about it, EA has focussed a lot on infantry and "mech" combat in 2142. Have they talked at all about air combat? I havent seen anything about airborne ideas of theirs.

Comment

Working...
                X