Spotting enemies with joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting enemies with joystick?

Is it possible to bind radio/spotted commands to joystick? I've seen people say they can do that but I can't get it to work. I can bind "main radio" to a joystick button but nothing works for actually selecting "spotted" other than LMB. Any ideas???

Re: Spotting enemies with joystick?

Fire key?

Comment

you have to go into the controls.con and make it so that a button on your joystick is the secondary for "fire"

Comment

I use JoyToKey. Basically I open the com. menu with Q since I use keyboard for rudders and thrusters and press fire on the joystick as a mouse. You can also make it that the joystick performs mouse functions in JTK, so you can use your joystick to "surf" in the com. menu.

Comment

Well I set up trigger as second key for my primary fire and it doesn't work. But I set that up in game and not in controls.con but that shouldn't be any difference right?

I'll try JTK. Thanks Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            you have to go into the controls.con and make it so that a button on your joystick is the secondary for "fire"
            Can you show the exact line plz?

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]Master_Chief
              Well I set up trigger as second key for my primary fire and it doesn't work. But I set that up in game and not in controls.con but that shouldn't be any difference right?

I'll try JTK. Thanks Chris.
              The graphical in game interface just isnt enough. Tweaking your controls file opens up a LOT of possibilities. For example. I have my joystick mapped as a mouse when I press CTRL for "mouse view". Meaning, whenever I hold CTRL, I can use the joystick to look around.

Comment

Well, i tried to map for secondary fire and also for Ok(ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk), but with no success, i was gonna try to set my Joy 1 key to the left-mouse click, but in the joy options i can only use it to map keyboard keys, if any of you guys who were sucessful can disponibilize your controls.con file, it would be good.

Comment

Chris could you post those lines from your config.com please? I can't get it to work either. AT least tell us exactly which line is responsible for what LMB does while clicking on spotted.

Comment

Making this trick would give us a huge advantage, resulting that the enemy jets would not be able to get away from us no matter what giving us an unfair advantage... The gunner is meant to spot enemies (though he never does :P). If it is not against the ROE I'm sure I will use it HAHA!!

Comment

Download this program. It's free which is nice but I have heard there are more sophisticated pay ones.
                      electracode.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, electracode.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I map a button for the Q and I mapped my fire button on the joystick to the left click button on my mouse.

Works well.

Comment

Well I was hoping I can do that within the config.con file but well I guess I'll just d/l that.

That thing can't do a little macro, can it??? So let's say you would only need a single button pressed to bring up main radio and select spotted?

Comment

O GOD>>> i thought only people used SCRIPTS/CONFIGS/MACROS in CS:S only?? i hate all scripts and crap like that i think it should not be allowed to do since your not actually pressing the buttons. Just my 2 cents and NOT TO GET OFF TOPIC..

Comment

I would like to see a macro of it aswell, so If the enemy is in your line of sick just click to spot him...

Comment

Who flies with a mouse has the advantage of easier spotting so if someone know the solution tell us!

Comment

Working...
                              X