• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will BF2 Work on this ?

DELL XPS M 170
    Ultimate Gaming -
    Special Edition Formula Red

Processor/Display
    Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2MB Cache/2GHz/667MHz FSB)

Operating System
    Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Video Card
    512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GTX

Memory
    2GB3 DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM

Hard Drive
    100GB3 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

Combo/DVD+RW Drives
    Featured Upgd-8XCD/DVD Burner(DVD+/-RW)w/dble-layer DVD+R write capability

Will BF2 Work well on this and what do you think how much fps will i get with high and medium settings.

Thanks

Re: Will BF2 Work on this ?

yes it will be on all high 80-90 fps, might wanta gave a lot of money and built your own PC then buying it pre-built.

Comment

Umm, yes? Of course it'll work. For 5k it damn well better. Waste of money on a laptop, though,

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
        Umm, yes? Of course it'll work. For 5k it damn well better. Waste of money on a laptop, though,
        yea the M170 line from dell are like Alienware....not worth. Build your own and save!

Comment

Originally posted by dash
          yea the M170 line from dell are like Alienware....not worth. Build your own and save!
          Build your own laptop eh?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
            Build your own laptop eh?
            acutally maximumPC magazine just had an article on how to do that a few months ago. IMO its not really worth it due to some of the good deals you can get online.

Originally posted by Vishall
            Will BF2 Work on this ? (DELL XPS M 170)
            I'll let you know
            I just received my M170.
            I got in on that deal 2 weeks ago: M170 with media center ed., Pentium M 2.0, 1gig dual channel, 7200rpm drive, 8x dvd-rw, 256mb geforce go 7800gtx for $1269.
            I havent had a chance to install bf2 on it yet. Just finished removing all the bloatware trial stuff.
            I was suprised though that the media center edition I got is the xp-pro version.

True to life however is that I had it 6 days before it was outdated and dell announced the "new" XPS (M1710) with core duo (and 7900gtx). equipted the same as mine but $1330 more :laugh:
            hell my single core M170 isnt even on thier site for sale anymore. :hmm:

I like mine however, its got the exact specs Ive been wanting to get for a while. just had to wait 2 years for the right deal.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
              acutally maximumPC magazine just had an article on how to do that a few months ago. IMO its not really worth it due to some of the good deals you can get online.

Yeah I know it can be done, it's just very hard due to there being no real standards..

Comment

Working...
              X