Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PKM or DAO?

Originally posted by Bird0fPrey
    DAO if you're planning on playing AT more. sure it's not good for long range, but at close range it's a beast. just make sure you get out of harms way for reloads, cuz it takes a while. i don't play support much, though.
    By switching to another weapon and quickly back to the DAO you can stop the reloading animation. I believe you can also fire before you have completely reloaded the weapon as well.

Comment

PKM , its nasty

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
        If you like playing support, then pick the PKM. The AT unlock is only usefull at close combat(very close) like the engineer. The third unlock for the support rocks(Must have SF). I got my 20 kills in a round with it
        Not true, whip out the pistol for medium-far away targets. Its actally very good
        Anyone who plays Engi class alot should know this...

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
          By switching to another weapon and quickly back to the DAO you can stop the reloading animation. I believe you can also fire before you have completely reloaded the weapon as well.
          Exactly.

Comment

If you hate the SAW as much as I do (which it looks like you do), I'd say definitely go for the PKM.

Comment

PKM. DAO-12 is good, but I think the PKM serves me a lot better.

For simple reasons.

Comment

PKM

...is the best gun in the game...

You can kill as far as you can see in zoomed mode, and you win close quarter battles 100% of the time.

Put it this way... its like a SVD ("fast sniper") that has 100 clips and almost no recoil, and a G3 at close range, but with 100 rounds. And on top of that, you have ammo packs so that = infinite ammo.

Comment

PKM= good gun, worth getting
                  DAO= hard as heck to hit anything and kill with it (for me at least)

Comment

cheers for the input guys, although I'm still as confused as ever as there seems to be great arguements for both guns!

Comment

you'll rack up more kills with the pkm. it has the awesome ability to drop loads of folks at longer ranges AND you get to spam medic bags. if points matter the most, this is the way to go.

--BUT--

you may be more useful to your squad/team as AT. having the DAO makes you into a short-range assault class, who is also good at taking out enemy transports.

in short, if you ever find yourself thinking, "I'm going to switch to AT and take out that tank", with the DAO, you can now say, "I'm going to switch to AT, take out that tank, then sneak around the corner and get four kills in 12 shots, as fast as I can click my mouse."

Comment

Originally posted by caido_souls
                        cheers for the input guys, although I'm still as confused as ever as there seems to be great arguements for both guns!
                        Because they're both great, probably better than most of your other unlocks. DAO-12, PKM, and G36c were my first unlocks and probably the best.

Comment

well since i made a new account after a long time away I'm back to

1st unlock G3
                          2nd unlock G36c

now I just need to work out which one to get, I'll prob go for PKM and whore for a bit so I can rank up quicker and then go with the DAO

Comment

dao 12 is the most fun weapon in the game i play it nearly all the time not for kills for fun sneaking up close then shooting 12 rounds in a couple of seconds its a good weapon but not the best in the game i play AT as it can play any map and rack up kills

its funny when i take a dead meadics teammates kit and revive them te noobs try to get rid of the kit as ast as possible and dont know how the hell to use it firing the dao12 when the enemy is 100 yards +

PKM is the better weapon just not fun to use doesnt take much skill all you have to do is line the enemy up and open up burst fire doesnt even have its advantages

Comment

I much prefer the PKM. Everyone is praising the DAO for CQB, but I find that I can't kill anything with it...the PKM suits my play style better. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Get the PKM and your destiny will be in good hands

Comment

Working...
                                X